Vegan Italian Veggie Hoagie Dip! Tis the season for entertaining, and we’ve got a veggie-packed dip that is sure to get those taste buds tingling.
This Vegan Italian Veggie Hoagie Dip tastes like all your favorite Italian Hoagie fixings, minus the meats and cheeses, served in a dip-style fashion with your favorite bread, crostini, or cracker. This dip is all about those fresh and pickled veggies that you would find in an Italian Hoagie coated in a delicious Italian Pepperoncini dressing that is sure to be the hit of your party.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This appetizer is so delicious that we turned it into a meal. We went to town dipping our quinoa flatbread and crostini into this deliciousness! It’s just so addictingly delicious!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This veggie dip (salad) tastes like all your favorite Italian Hoagie fixings, minus the meats and cheeses, served in a dip-style fashion with your favorite bread or crostini.
- Pepperoncini: There are many brands of pepperoncini. Some have a much stronger flavor than other brands. Adjust the pepperoncini based upon the brand purchased or through taste-testing. If using full pepperoncini instead of sliced, slice open the pepperoncini and scoop out any seeds.
- Finely Chopped Ingredients: The ingredients in this dip are finely chopped to make it easy to load onto small crostini or crackers.
- Allowing the Salad to Marinate: Allow the salad/dip to marinate for 10 minutes, then give it a really good mix. This brings the dressing on the bottom to the top. Advise guests to give it a good stir before loading up their crostini to bring forth the dressing.
- Make Ahead: This appetizer is a great make-ahead dish. Just place all the prepared ingredients listed in the Veggie Ingredients into a bowl, mix well, refrigerate. Make the Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing, refrigerate. About 10 minutes before serving, mix the two together, allow to set for 10 minutes, then serve. Note: Cashew based dressings tend to thicken when refrigerated, you may need to add some water or red wine vinegar to thin out.
- Breads, Crackers, Crostini, Flatbreads: You can serve this deliciousness with your favorite Whole Food Plant Based dippers. We used Mary’s Gone Crackers and our Quinoa Flatbread. Dad used a Tuscan bread from a local bakery.
- Pita Pocket or Wrap: This can also be served inside a pita pocket or inside a wrap! It’s completely delicious!
- Hoagie or Submarine Sandwiches: This recipe also makes perfect hoagie/submarine sandwiches! Rave reviews all around by vegans and meat-lovers alike!
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4 days (undressed) in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Sliced Pepperoncini: We used Divina Sliced Pepperoncini. These pepperoncini are Whole Food Plant Based, no dyes are included. They have amazing flavor. This brand of pepperoncini has a beautiful mild flavor. Feel free to use your favorite sliced pepperoncini in this salad.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
This Vegan Italian Veggie Hoagie Dip tastes like all your favorite Italian Hoagie fixings, minus the meats and cheeses, served in a dip-style fashion with your favorite bread, crostini, or cracker.
- 3 cups finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup finely diced cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onions
- ½ cup finely diced red bell peppers
- ½ cup finely diced green bell peppers
- ½ cup finely diced baby cucumbers, unpeeled
- ¼ cup finely diced dill pickles
- 1/3 to 2/3 cups finely diced pepperoncini *
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 recipe Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing
- Bread (chunks or small slices)
- Quinoa Flatbread
- Make the Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing, set aside.
- Place all the prepared Veggie Ingredients into a bowl, gently toss. Then add the Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing over top. Mix well to thoroughly coat all the salad ingredients. Set aside for 10 minute to marinate.
- Mix the salad again, serve with chunks of bread or slices, crostini, quinoa flatbread or crackers, or make into hoagie/submarine sandwiches! So much YUM!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Appetizer Servings: 9 to 12 (Makes 5 cups)
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.