Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing! Tangy peppers of goodness, shine in this fun and flavorful dressing.
Creamy, bold and herbaceous, this Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing is all about those deliciously tangy pepperoncini peppers. It gives the traditionally creamy Italian dressing some extra zing and beautiful punches of flavor. A perfect dressing for nourishing salads and our Vegan Italian Veggie Hoagie Dip.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We love pepperoncini peppers! Michael can eat them all day long. Dad loves them too. They are just so gosh-darned yummy. This salad dressing is all about them. We love that extra zing and punch of flavor that the peppers add. If you love pepperoncini peppers, then this salad dressing is for you!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This Italian Pepperoncini Dressing is all about those deliciously tangy pepperoncini peppers.
- Pepperoncini Brine: This is the liquid that the pepperoncini are soaking in the jar. It is typically a vinegar and salt base.
- Amount of Pepperoncini: There are many brands of pepperoncini. Some have a much stronger flavor than other brands. Adjust the pepperoncini based upon the brand purchased or through taste-testing. If using full pepperoncini peppers (not sliced) instead of sliced, slice open the pepperoncini and scoop out any seeds and toss out the stems.
- Cashew Substitutes: You can try the typical cashew substitutes: silken tofu, white beans, other nuts or seeds with the understanding that the flavor and texture will change accordingly. You may need to adjust/add ingredients to compensate. We have not tested any substitutions.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, the salad falls flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients which then flattens the flavor of the dressing. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
- White Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
- Sliced Pepperoncini: We used Divina Sliced Pepperoncini. These pepperoncini are Whole Food Plant Based, no dyes are included. They have amazing flavor. This brand of pepperoncini has a beautiful mild flavor. Feel free to use your favorite sliced pepperoncini in this salad.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
- High-speed blender
If you try this bold and flavorful dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Creamy, bold and herbaceous, this Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing is all about those deliciously tangy pepperoncini peppers.
- ¼ cup [raw] cashews *
- ¼ cup + 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pepperoncini brine (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons to ½ cup pepperoncini slices (+/-) *
Dressing Spice/Herb Ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (+/-)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano (+/-)
- pinch to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, allow to sit for 15 minutes, then drain off the water (discard).
- In the meantime, place all the Dressing Spice/Herb Ingredients (except the basil and oregano) into a small bowl, whisk, set aside.
- After 15 minutes, place the soaked and drained cashews into a high-speed blender along with all the remaining Dressing Ingredients and the Dressing Spice/Herb Mix (no basil or oregano), blend on high until smooth and emulsified. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Then pulse in the basil and oregano for a quick pulse, do not blend. Allow to sit for 5 minutes for the flavors to marry. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes about ¾ cup
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.