Vegan Cauliflower Caesar Salad! The warm cauliflower combined with the cool romaine lettuce creates a wonderful culinary experience.
Turn simple, roasted cauliflower into a bold and flavorful salad with this oil-free and healthy Vegan Cauliflower Caesar Salad. Made with crisp romaine lettuce, roasted cauliflower, and a creamy Caesar dressing that is full of tangy flavor is pure salad heaven. Toasted pine nuts and the addition of vegan parmesan cheese takes it to next level of indulgent deliciousness.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We are all about this salad! It’s soooo yummy! The juxtaposition of warm and cold elements in a salad are utter perfection in our humble opinion. We couldn’t get enough.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this salad is Caesar salad with seasoned, roasted cauliflower. The warm cauliflower juxtaposition with the cool Romaine lettuce creates a wonderful culinary experience. The toasted pine nuts and Vegan Parmesan Cheese takes it to next level deliciousness.
- Caper Brine: Caper brine is simply the liquid from the jar of capers.
- Hummus: We used our hummus recipe – The Best Hummus. Please feel free to use your favorite hummus recipe or store-bought hummus.
- Thickness of the Caesar Dressing: Start on the low end of water or brine. The amount of liquids needed is largely dependent upon the hummus used. Some hummus are thicker than others and you may need more water or brine to thin it out. Keep in mind that the dressing will also thicken up in the fridge.
- Dressing the Salad: We strongly suggest adding the dressing only to the portion of the salad that you plan to consume in one sitting as the salad ingredients tend to really soak up the dressing and mellow it out the flavor over time. The refrigerated leftovers flavor will not be as vibrant.
- Toasted Pine Nuts: Pine nuts are delicious and very easy to toast. Simple place some pine nuts into a hot skillet, stir constantly until the pine nuts release their fragrance and are golden, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir and watch them carefully as they burn easily. As soon as they are golden, get them out of the skillet and onto a plate. If not removed from the hot skillet, they will continue to toast, even off the burner, and they could burn.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, undressed. Store in a covered container.
This dish cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Dijon Mustard: We used Koops Dijon Mustard. Feel free to use your favorite Dijon mustard.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Turn simple, roasted cauliflower into a bold and flavorful salad with this oil-free and healthy Vegan Cauliflower Caesar Salad.
- 12 to 16 oz. cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen) *
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Sprinkle sea salt *
- Sprinkle black pepper
Caesar Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ cup hummus *
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped capers
- 1 Tablespoon caper brine (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard *
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon water (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch to ¼ + 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
Salad Base Ingredients:
- Romaine hearts lettuce, chopped
Optional Salad Add-ins Ingredients:
- Grated purple cabbage
- Grated carrots
- Cucumber ribbons
- Kalamata olives
Optional Topping Ingredients:
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with seasonings listed in the Cauliflower Ingredients (garlic powder, sea salt, sweet paprika, and pepper).
- Place in a preheated 425 F oven and bake until roasted to the desired tenderness (approx. 15 to 27 minutes largely dependent upon frozen or fresh and size of the florets). Remove and allow to slightly cool.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by placing all the Caesar Dressing Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Create individual salads by placing some chopped Romaine heart lettuce along with any of the Optional Salad Add-In Ingredients into a bowl, toss to evenly distribute. Add some Caesar salad dressing, toss. Then add a generous portion of the warm roasted cauliflower on top, drizzle with some additional Caesar salad dressing.
- Serve topped with some Vegan Parmesan Cheese and toasted pine nuts.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 2 to 3
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.