Oil Free Tangy Thousand Island Hummus Dressing! In less than 5 minutes, this hummus-based dressing is ready for salad drizzling happiness.
Bold, flavorful, and healthy, this Oil Free Tangy Thousand Island Hummus Dressing is super easy to make and perfect for salads, sandwiches, and veggies. Simple pantry ingredients come together quickly in the most delightful, delicious, tangy way. You’ll wonder where it has been all your life!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This salad dressing is delightfully tangy with punchy bursts of delicious flavor. We are on a “hummus-based” salad dressing kick these days. As you all know, Mom and I eat huge salads every day for lunch! We simply can’t get enough of this goodness.
Using our The Best Hummus works perfectly for salad dressings because it is ultra creamy! It whips up to create the creamiest dressings and is kind of a blank slate for just about every dressing you can conceive of.
It just works! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor of this dressing is a zippy Thousand Island dressing without the pickle relish. It has delicious tangy punches from the stone ground mustard and distilled white vinegar. It is also lightly creamy from the hummus base.
- Stone Ground Mustard: This dressing has a zippy tang from the stone ground mustard, feel free to use less if unsure how tangy you want the dressing to be.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus in this recipe; however, feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- Dill Pickle Relish: We tried this recipe both with one teaspoon of dill pickle relish and without, and it was delicious both ways. We didn’t add it to the list of ingredients as we felt it was optional. Feel free to add it if you enjoy that extra briny pickle bite.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Stone Ground Mustard: We use Koop’s Stone Ground Mustard. Feel free to use your favorite stone ground mustard.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Bold, flavorful, and healthy, this Oil Free Tangy Thousand Island Hummus Dressing is super easy to make and perfect for salads, sandwiches, and veggies.
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 1/8 cups of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.