Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge! Get ready to sink your teeth into this amazingly delectable fudge.
Easy, rich, and mouthwatering, this oil-free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is the perfect healthy dessert that is sure to put a smile on your face. Made with simple ingredients like chickpeas, chocolate chips, and peanut butter, this wholesome fudge only takes minutes to make. This creamy fudge tastes like a decadent treat but without the fuss or unhealthy ingredients. You won’t believe how great it tastes and how unbelievable rich it is.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is ah-mazing! In my prior life, I considered myself a fudge connoisseur. I simply LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fudge. I would always ask for fudge for my birthdays when growing up.
There was a local Hallmark store that used to sell all types of decadent fudge. I would love trying all the different flavors I would stand in front of the fudge counter for long periods of time contemplating which flavor I loved more.
I found the ultimate fudge in Maine at a local store called Maine-ly Maine located in Tenton. My sister-in-law, Katie, turned me onto Maine-ly Maine and during our trip, we had to stop and stock up on their fudge.
But now, I’m exited to say there’s a NEW fudge in town! Annnnd I’m doing my happy dance. I hope your enjoy this fudge as much as I do. It’s rich; it’s chocolatey; and it’s delicious! A little piece hits all your sweet cravings.
This Whole Food Plant Based Fudge is amazing for what it is . . . and that is a great tasting healthy fudge. If you are looking for a decadent fudge filled with condensed milk, butter, and sugar, then you are in the wrong food blog.
The reason I say this is because on occasion, we get chastised for converting recipes that aren’t obviously vegan into Whole Food Plant Based and often times, folks will write in and will get upset because our recipes don’t contain “authentic” ingredients. *sigh* What ya gonna do?
Mom and I loved this healthy conversion. We even let Yasmeen try a tiny piece of fudge, and she loved it too! She’s going to be a chocolate lover just like me.
Tips for Success:
- Room Temperature Ingredients: All the ingredients need to be at room temperature, with the exception of the melted chocolate. Any ingredient that is cold will cause the melted chocolate to seize and will not allow the mixture to come together in a smooth texture.
- Parchment Paper Lined 8×8 Brownie Pan: Line the 8×8 pan with overlapping sides. Line it twice, going one way, then the other so the pan and sides are completely covered by parchment paper. When placing in the freezer (for 25 minutes), very lightly bring the overlapping parchment paper pieces (that hang over the edges) over top of the fudge. Do not press into the fudge.
- 8×8 Brownie Pan: You can use any type of pan you wish with the understanding that a smaller pan will require slightly more time in the freezer and a larger pan may require less time. Pan selection will also impact the thickness of the fudge.
- Freezer Time: Do not keep the pan in the freezer more than 25 minutes, it will make it harder to cut into squares. If the fudge is still not set up after 25 minutes, then place in the fridge for an hour.
- Natural Peanut Butter: Make sure you are using a peanut butter that has not added sugars or oils.
- Peanut Butter Substitutions: You can substitute the peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter or sun butter with the understanding that the flavor will change accordingly. We have not tested any substitutions.
- Substitute Peanut Butter with Hazelnut Butter for a Nutella Fudge.
- Peanut Butter Swirl: You can also swirl a tablespoon or two of peanut butter on top of the fudge if you wish. We did not do this but recognize that this can easily be done.
- Slicing the Fudge: We cut the fudge into 36 – 1-inch squares. The fudge is rich and creamy. We used a 5-wheel stainless steel professional baking pastry/cookie cutting tool to mark the fudge for cutting, then sliced it with a long thin blade knife. You certainly do not need this tool and can easily cut it with a sharp knife, wiping the blade clean with each cut.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This fudge freezes well.
Pantry Products Used:
*Vegan Chocolate: We used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks. Another great option is Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels. You can use your favorite dark or semi-sweet vegan chocolate.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Food Processor
- 8×8 inch brownie pan
- Parchment paper
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Easy, rich, and mouthwatering, this oil-free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is the perfect healthy dessert that is sure to put a smile on your face.
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup natural peanut butter *
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch sea salt (+/-) *
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas into the food processor, and pulse for 20 seconds break up the chickpeas.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, then scape all the melted chocolate into the food processor with the chopped chickpeas.
- Then add all the other remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth and emulsified.
- Pour into the parchment paper lined 8×8 pan, smooth the surface, then place in the freezer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and cut into pieces. Enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 36 pieces
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.