Oil Free Vegan Mexican Corn Dip! This dish is so tasty you’ll want to eat it with a spoon!
Creamy, delicious, and full of flavor, this Oil Free Vegan Mexican Corn Dip is fantastic with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, baked potatoes, and more. This dip will be devoured as soon as it hits the table, you won’t believe how delicious it is; sure to be the hit at your next party or dinner table.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Mom and I were eating this dip by the spoonful. It’s so gosh-darned tasty. You can easily use it as a baked potato topper, inside a burrito, side salad, or a taco topper, not to mention just with tortilla chips. It’s that delish!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor: This Mexican Corn Dip is full of fresh flavors. The dip is not spicy or hot. The flavor profile is a beautifully creamy, fresh corn dip with great cilantro and lime accents. Vegan cream cheese gives great flavor and lends creaminess to the dip.
- Corn: You can use canned corn, frozen corn, or fresh corn (that has been blanched to the desired tenderness). 2 – [ 15.25 cans ] of corn yields approximately 3 ¼ cups. Additionally, if you can find cans of roasted corn, you can use those as well.
- Drain the Corn: Make sure the corn has no liquid. Drain it really well.
- Water: Start with 1 Tablespoon water, if too thick, then add another teaspoon up to a tablespoon to thin it out. The sauce should be a little on the thick side as it thins out when mixed with the dip ingredients.
- Diced Green Chiles: We used mild diced green chiles, but please note that these also come in hot. You can totally use the hot ones if you want to kick the dip up a notch with some heat.
- Drained and Rinsed Diced Green Chiles: We found draining and rinsing the diced green chiles creates a better mouth feel for this dip.
- Regular Chili Powder: Feel free to use your favorite chili powder, just be sure to select a mild one and not one that has a lot of heat to it.
- Veggie Bowl: We enjoyed this corn dip with our Oil Free Yellow Rice (coming out 7/15), Spicy Black Beans, and sliced tomatoes.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish can be frozen but is best when eaten freshly made.
Pantry Products Used:
- Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Cream Cheese. Kite Hill Cream Cheese is Whole Food Plant Based. We like to use it simply for convenience. We also have a Vegan Cream Cheese recipe if you can’t find Kite Hill or simply wish to make homemade.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Creamy, delicious, and full of flavor, this Oil Free Vegan Mexican Corn Dip is fantastic with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, baked potatoes, and more.
Dip Base Ingredients:
- 2 – [ 15.25 oz. cans ] corn, drained
- 1 – [ 4 oz. can ] diced green chiles, drained, rinsed *
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (+/-)
- ¼ to ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup vegan cream cheese *
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water *
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon regular chili powder *
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Over a baked potato
- Taco topper
- Burrito filling
- With tortilla chips
- Side salad/dip accompanying Mexican dinner
- Place all the Dip Base Ingredients into a bowl, set aside.
- Place the all the Sauce Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified, then pour over the corn dip ingredients, mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- After 30 minutes, taste and adjust the flavors as needed.
- Serve over a baked potato, or as a taco topper, inside a burrito, with some tortilla chips or as a side salad.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes approximately 5 cups
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.