Oil Free Italian Hummus Dressing! A perfect everyday dressing, you’ll want to stock your fridge with this flavorful dressing.
Zippy, herby, and tasty, this Oil Free Italian Hummus Dressing is creamy goodness that can be made in less than 5 minutes. Hummus-based dressings are perfect for fast salad drizzling happiness. Simple ingredients come together quickly in the most delightful and delicious way. You’ll wonder where it has been all your life!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Mom and I are on a roll, we are all about making huge salads for lunch every day and finding ways to make salad dressings fast and easy. Using hummus as a base for oil-free salad dressing works really well. We simply can’t get enough.
Using our The Best Hummus works perfectly for salad dressings because it is ultra creamy! It whips up to create the creamiest dressings and is kind of a blank slate for just about every dressing you can conceive of.
It just works! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor of this dressing is a lightly zippy Italian dressing. It is also lightly creamy from the hummus base.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus in this recipe; however, feel free to use your favorite hummus.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.
If you try this herbaceous dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Zippy, herby, and tasty, this Oil Free Italian Hummus Dressing is creamy goodness that can be made in less than 5 minutes.
- ½ cup hummus *
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 1/8 cups of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.