Oil Free Asian Hummus Dressing! We are all for loaded salads, and this Asian inspired dressing has us in salad heaven with nummy noodles, vibrant veggies, and glorious greens!
Bold, zingy, and healthy, this Oil Free Asian Hummus Dressing can be made in less than 5 minutes! A little sweet and tangy, this simple salad dressing will soon become your new go-to dressing when you want to make something quick to top your next salad.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Who doesn’t love a quick and flavorful salad dressing that can be made in minutes!!! This one really hits all the high notes of a great salad dressing! Creamy texture with a sweet and salty flair. We loaded our salad with wholesome goodness.
This salad consisted of the following:
- Chopped Romaine lettuce
- Julienned carrots
- Thinly sliced purple cabbage
- Ribboned cucumber slices
- Cold rice noodles
- Sliced watermelon radish (We preferred dikon or red radish) *
- Chopped green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is sweet and tangy Asian dressing with undertones of ginger.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, the salad falls flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients which then flattens the flavor of the dressing. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Watermelon Radish: While is beautiful for photos, we would actually prefer a traditional red radish sliced or julienned dikon radish with this dressing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus in this recipe; however, feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Ume Plum Vinegar: We used Eden Ume Plum Vinegar. We get a lot of questions on ume plum vinegar. It is fairly inexpensive and adds amazing flavor. You can find it in most health food grocery stores. You can leave it out if you can’t find it, adjust your flavors accordingly.
- Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Bold, zingy, and healthy, this easy Oil Free Asian Hummus Dressing can be made in less than 5 minutes and sure to make your taste buds happy.
- ½ cup hummus *
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon ume plum vinegar (optional)
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 cup of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.