Easy Vegan Pizza Chili! It’s chili season, and we are coming in hot with this tasty take on chili that you don’t want to miss!
A fun twist on a classic American comfort food dish, this Easy Vegan Pizza Chili is a delicious pizza flavored chili base loaded with veggies and beans that is sure to get rave reviews. Salsa and pizza sauce marry perfectly for a can’t be beat flavor combination that will have those taste buds tingling!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
If you love pizza and you also love chili, then this unusual chili is sure to hit the spot! Mom and I combined the best of both worlds to get this quick and easy chili that is sure to become a family favorite.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This chili has a pizza flavored twist to it. It is mild and on the sweeter side, perfect for children.
- Flavors to Marry: Make sure you allow at least 5 minutes for the flavors to marry. The flavors continue to develop once the chili slightly cools.
- Beans: You can pretty much use just about any bean you enjoy in this recipe.
- Low-Fat Dish Expectations: This dish was designed to be low in fat. Because it is low in fat, you are not going to experience that endorphin rush associated with eating high-fat foods when eating this dish. It is very tasty for what it is, and that is a low-fat dish. We just want to make sure that our Readers recognize this when contemplating making this recipe.
- Jalapeno Pepper: We used a mild jalapeno pepper. If unsure how much heat, use a small one or half of a jalapeno pepper, or leave it out completely.
- Pizza Sauce: We used our Vegan Pizza Sauce recipe which is oil-free and Whole Food Plant Based compliant. Feel free to use your favorite pizza sauce.
- Chili Powder: Feel free to use your favorite chili powder, just be sure to select a mild one and not one that has a lot of heat to it.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This dish can be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Salsa: We used Tostitos Mild Chunky Salsa. You can use your favorite brand of salsa, just watch the ingredients label. If using homemade, the measurement is 1 ½ cups of salsa.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Ceramic/enamel lined Dutch oven or similar large stock pot with a tight-fitting lid
If you try this fun twist on chili, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
A fun twist on a classic American comfort food dish, this Easy Vegan Pizza Chili is a delicious pizza flavored chili base loaded with veg and beans that is sure to get rave reviews.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, fine dice (optional) *
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- ½ red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. jar ] mild salsa *
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce *
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] kidney beans, drained and rinsed *
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] pinto beans, drained and rinsed *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons regular chili powder *
- ½ to 1 teaspoons sea salt (+/- ) *
- Baked potato
- Steamed rice
- Tortilla chips
- Avocado chunks
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel-lined Dutch oven or similar stock pot, add the diced onions, red and green bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers; sauté over medium heat until they begin to soften, approximately 7 to 9 minutes. Add a couple of tablespoons or so of water if they start to stick and/or to prevent burning.
- Add the minced garlic, sauté for one minute.
- Add all Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb mix, stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then immediately lower to a simmer. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onions and peppers are perfectly tender. Remove from the stove.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. Serve over a baked potato, with steam rice, or accompanied with tortilla chips and/or avocado chunks.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 5
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.