Easy Lemon Basil Pasta!
Vibrant and healthy, this oil free Easy Lemon Basil Pasta is ultra-flavorful and comes together in 20 minutes or less! The hot pasta cooks the lemon basil sauce for a super fresh and flavorful quick pasta night dinner for those busy evenings when you need to make something fast!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
I love basil. My garden is brimming with luscious basil plants this year. Before my father-in-law headed back to Lebanon for the summer, he gifted me with a ton of basil plants that he had grown from seedlings.
Michael and I transplanted them, and they flourished this year so we have had a ton of fresh basil all summer long.
Mom and I developed this quick and easy dish. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This is a lemony basil, pesto-like sauce over pasta. It is very fresh tasting as the lemon basil sauce is not cooked.
- Hot Pasta/Basil Sauce: The heat from the freshly cooked pasta heats the lemon basil sauce so that it does not need to be cooked.
- Amount of Pasta: While it is always tempting to use more pasta than the amount indicated in the recipe; however, resist the temptation as the amount of pasta indicated is the perfection sauce to pasta ratio.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This dish can be frozen; however, pasta does become a little mushy when frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- High-speed blender
- Stock pot to boil the pasta
Vibrant and healthy, this oil free Easy Lemon Basil Pasta is ultra-flavorful and comes together in 20 minutes or less!
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 10 to 12 oz. pasta (of choice) *
- Chopped fresh basil
- Lemon zest
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Check package directions on cooking times and/or boil the pasta until tender, drain, shake well to remove any excess water. Please the cooked and drained pasta back into the stock pot.
- In the meantime, add the Base Ingredients into a high-speed blender, blend until smooth and emulsified, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the Lemon Basil Sauce over the hot cooked pasta, mix well. Serve immediately with chopped fresh basil and lemon zest.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 3 to 4
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.