Easy Sweet and Tangy Broccoli Slaw! There’s a new favorite slaw in town, and we’re loving it for summer side dishes, potlucks, and BBQs alike.
Wholesome and refreshing, this Easy Sweet and Tangy Broccoli Slaw boasts crisp veggies, creamy dressing, and lip-smacking flavors. Nutty, crunchy, and full of healthy veggies, this simple slaw is not your ordinary slaw, the hummus-based dressing makes a healthy alternative and oh-so-quick to put together. It is sure to be a new family favorite.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We love a good slaw! We make them all the time. This one is so easy to make and is brimming with delicious sweet and tangy flavors. Yasmeen devoured it.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This broccoli slaw has a beautiful play between sweet and tangy. The almonds and sunflower seeds give a nice toasty crunch. The Dijon mustard gives dimension and the perfect accent for a flavorful dressing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus. Feel free to use your favorite oil-free hummus, either store-purchased or homemade.
- Dijon Mustard: We used a Dijon mustard; however, feel free to substitute with your flavor yellow or stoneground mustard. We preferred Dijon mustard.
- Toasting the Slivered Almonds and Sunflower Seeds: Do not toast them (almonds and sunflower seeds) together as they require different timings. To toast, simple place the almonds or seeds into a dry, semi-hot skillet. Toss them around the skillet, stirring constantly until they become golden, then immediately remove from the skillet to a plate prevent burning. Watch them very carefully because they burn easily. When they become cool, add them to the slaw.
- Broccoli Slaw Mix: Most large grocery stores sell a broccoli slaw mix in a bag in the packaged salad section of the store. Most broccoli slaws consist of broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage.
- Grated Carrots: You can grate the carrots using a box grater or food processor. You can also use store-bought matchstick carrots purchased from the grocery store; however, chop into smaller pieces. Also note that even though there are grated carrots in the Broccoli Slaw Mix, the additional carrots add a great element to this slaw.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This slaw cannot be frozen.
- Whisk or fork
- Food processor with grater attachment, box grater, or store purchased matchstick carrots
If you try this flavorful coleslaw, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Wholesome and refreshing, this Easy Sweet and Tangy Broccoli Slaw boasts crisp veggies, creamy dressing, and lip-smacking flavors.
- 1 – [ 12 oz. package ] broccoli slaw mix *
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 6 to 8 green onions, sliced
- ½ to ¾ cup slivered almonds, toasted *
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds, toasted *
- 1 cup hummus *
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Base Ingredients into a large bowl, set aside.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, mix well until smooth and emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over top of the broccoli slaw ingredients, mix well. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: makes about 6 cups
*Adjusted Nutrition Information: Recipe without nuts and seeds: 113 Calories, 3g Fat, 0 Cholesterol, 18.2g Total Carboydrates, 4.3g Dietary Fiber, 4.4g Protein, 7% Calcium, 8% Iron.
Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content even more.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.