Easy Cauliflower Pea Curry! Grab a bowl and get ready to cozy up with this comforting dish that is sure to satisfy all those curry cravings.
Bursting with pops of sweet peas and tender cauliflower, this Easy Cauliflower Pea Curry is a warming, aromatic dish the whole family will love. It’s a hearty and wholesome meal that makes those busy weeknight dinners a breeze. You won’t believe how easy it is to make.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
If you’re looking for a fast and easy curry recipe, then this recipe hits the spot with delicious curry flavor. We love it with naan!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This is a delicious curry that is brimming with tasty curry flavor. It is completely delicious featuring cauliflower and peas.
- Curry Powders: All curry powders are not the same. There are tons of curry options and blends. Use your favorite curry blend. Each blend tends to accent different spices within the blend. We have found that some blends are heavy with turmeric and tend to be slightly acidic on the backend of the palate and others may contain a lot of heat. Feel free to adjust the amount based upon the curry blend selected.
- Lite Unsweetened Coconut Milk: You can also use unsweetened plain plant milk, but you will need to adjust the curry powder (not use as much) as the light coconut milk is thicker and has more flavor than plain unsweetened plant milk. Light Unsweetened Coconut Milk is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, full fat unsweetened coconut milk is not.
- Steamed Cauliflower Florets: Make sure the cauliflower florets have reached the desired tenderness before adding it to the curry skillet.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish can be frozen.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
- Large skillet
Bursting with pops of sweet peas and tender cauliflower, this Easy Cauliflower Pea Curry is a warming, aromatic dish the whole family will love.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 – [ 14.5 oz. can ] petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 – [ 14 oz. can ] light coconut milk (from can) *
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 cups frozen small cauliflower florets (steamed)
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Steamed rice
- Naan bread
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk to incorporate, set aside.
- Steam or microwave the cauliflower until it reaches the desired tenderness, set aside. Thaw the frozen peas, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the diced onions, sauté over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes to soften. Add a splash of water to prevent burning, if needed, then lower the heat to medium, add the minced garlic and ginger, sauté, stir constantly over for one minute.
- Add all the remaining Base Ingredients, and the Spice/Herb Mix, stir to incorporate, bring the mixture to a low boil, then immediately lower to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavor to develop.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and thawed peas, simmer for 4 more minutes.
- Serve with naan, steamed rice, and chopped fresh cilantro.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.