Creamy Herb Tahini Vinaigrette! Simple, quick, and delicious, what more can you want in a salad dressing?
Healthy, bold, and perfectly balanced, this Creamy Herb Tahini Vinaigrette dressing is lightly tangy, slightly sweet, herbaceous, and brimming with flavor. Drizzle over salads, pour over cold pasta, and dip your roasted veggies, this delightful dressing is so versatile. Plus, it comes together in under 5 minutes!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This is one of my favorite fast dressings. It’s super easy to make, comes together in minutes, and tastes amazing.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This vinaigrette is lightly tangy, slightly sweet, herby and full of tasty flavor. The tahini does come through so if you are not a tahini fan then perhaps this dressing is not a good fit for you.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- White Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
If you try this flavorful vinaigrette, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Healthy, delicious, and perfectly balanced, this Creamy Herb Tahini Vinaigrette is lightly tangy, slightly sweet, herbaceous, and flavorful.
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons white miso *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon dried ground mustard powder
- Pinch dried crushed thyme leaves
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into a bowl, whisk until emulsified and smooth.
- Taste test and add adjust seasonings/ingredients accordingly. Serve over your favorite salad greens.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 ¼ cups
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.