Cranberry Christmas Salsa! Grab some chips, it’s salsa o’clock, and we are ready to party!
Festive, flavorful, and fast, this simple Cranberry Christmas Salsa is an amazing appetizer for your holiday table. It’s super easy to make with its sweet, spicy, tart, and refreshing flavors. Perfect for serving with your favorite baked tortilla chips or crackers. No one can resist the bright and beautiful colors, it’s sure to be gone in a flash!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This salsa is so easy to make, and it looks so pretty! It’s hard to resist that bright burgundy red color with flecks of green. It’s very festive, tastes fresh, and looks amazing on a charcuterie board.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This Cranberry Christmas Salsa is delightfully refreshing with plays on sweet, spicy, and tart. We absolutely loved it.
- Fresh Cranberries: This recipe will not work with frozen cranberries. It will generate too much liquid and end up soggy rather than crisp.
- Pulse Process the Cranberries: Use the pulse feature and check constantly every few seconds. Processing is roughly about 10 seconds, with checking every 2 seconds. You want perfectly chopped cranberries, very small. Please be careful not to overprocess or you’ll end up with soup instead of salsa.
- Food Processor: While tempting, do not use the food processor to chop the green onions, jalapeno peppers, or cucumbers.
- Jalapeno Pepper – Spicy/Heat: If you have a particularly hot jalapeno, use only one. Most store purchased jalapenos are not too hot. Use judgement. Take a tiny slice and eat it to test for heat before committing it to the dish. You may find that only ½ jalapeno works if it is overly hot. We used 2 jalapenos because we loved the flavor and the heat from the store-purchased jalapeno peppers was mild. We have grown jalapeno peppers in our garden, and it seems that home-grown jalapeno peppers can really pack some heat.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Tortilla Chips: We used Siete Almond Flour Tortillas. We cut each tortilla into 6th, placed on a baking sheet in a 325 F oven for 5-ish minutes. Feel free to use your favorite tortillas or tortilla chips.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Food processor
If you try this fun and festive salsa, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Cranberry Christmas Salsa
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes (+Rest Time)
- Yield: 3 Cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Diet: Vegan
Festive, flavorful, and fast, this simple Cranberry Christmas Salsa is an amazing appetizer for your holiday table.
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries, finely chopped *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped *
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely diced small cucumbers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (+/-)
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- Place the fresh cranberries into a food processor, process for about 10 seconds to finely chop. Be careful, do not overprocess. Place into a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining Base Ingredients into the bowl with the chopped cranberries. Mix well to evenly distribute. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes, then serve.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 3 cups.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.