Vegan Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball! A fun and delicious twist on the classic party cheese ball!
Sweet and savory, this oil free Vegan Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball is the perfect decadent spread for crackers and sure to be a hit at parties and get-togethers. It’s the best make-ahead, pot luck party essential for diverse crowds of vegans and nonvegans as it’s completely and utterly delicious, no one will be able to tell the difference.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We are in love! This fun and flavorful cheese ball is the bomb! We absolutely gobbled it up like no other. This is an excellent recipe to use with both Vegans and Non-Vegans. We served ours with Mary’s Gone Crackers and Wasa Crackers.
If you love our Vegan Pineapple Chickpea Salad, then your going to love this delicious vegan cheese ball!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This WFPB cheese ball has a “cream cheese” flavored profile accented with pineapple and pecans. It’s delicious and tastes every bit as yummy as a non-WFPB cheese ball.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Cream Cheese simply because it is convenient and Whole Food Plant Based. Feel free to use your favorite vegan cream cheese recipe. Here is ours – Vegan Cream Cheese. Please note, if you are making homemade cream cheese, you want a recipe where the end result is firm cream cheese.
- Cheese Ball versus Cheese Dip: If you used a homemade vegan cream cheese recipe and it the end result isn’t firm enough to form a ball, then this recipe easily transforms from a cheese “ball” to a cheese “dip”.
- Crushed Pineapple: Select a crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice. We used a 20 oz. can and had crushed pineapple left over.
- Drain Thoroughly the Crushed Pineapple: It is really important to thoroughly drain the crushed pineapple. Place the crushed pineapple into a fine meshed strainer and press out the liquid then measure the amount needed. If you do not press the liquid out, you will end up with a cheese “dip” instead of a cheese “ball” because too much liquid has been introduced.
- Green Onions and Red Bell Peppers: Make sure you finely dice the green onions and red bell peppers.
- Make Ahead: This cheeseball is an excellent make-ahead recipe. Make the day before for best results.
- Nut Free: You can make this recipe nut-free; however, you may find that you may need to ramp up the pineapple to compensate for the flavor that the pecans bring. Depending upon the substitute, you may end up with a more dip-like consistency rather than a cheese ball.
- Pecans Substitution: You can substitute the pecans for walnuts, although the flavor isn’t quite as vibrant. You may need to ramp up other ingredients to compensate.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This cheese ball cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Cream Cheese for convenience; it is Whole Food Plant Based. Feel free to use your favorite vegan cream cheese. We also have a WFPB Cream Cheese.
- Crackers: We used Mary’s Gone Crackers and Wasa Crackers to serve with this cheese ball. Most of Mary’s Gone Crackers and Wasa Crackers are Whole Food Plant Based, but there are some that are not WFPB. Be sure to read the ingredients. Feel free to use your favorite crackers.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Fine mesh strainer
If you try this flavorful vegan cheese ball, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Vegan Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes (+Rest Time)
- Yield: Serves 8-12 people 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Sweet and savory, this oil free Vegan Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball is the perfect decadent spread for crackers and sure to be a hit at parties and get-togethers.
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese *
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons crushed pineapple, well drained *
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ¼ to 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans (to coat the cheese ball)
- Assorted Crackers *
- Place all the Base Ingredients into a bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and press the cheese ball mixture into the bowl, press firmly to form the cheese ball to the bowl. Then fold the excess plastic wrap over the top. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight.
- After refrigeration, open up the plastic wrap that was folded over top, then place a serving plate on top of the bowl, invert.Remove the bowl, then carefully remove the plastic wrap. If desired, gently press finely chopped walnuts all over the cheese ball or just the top.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or flatbread.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serves: Serves 8-12 people
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.
Can’t wait to make this!
Hi there Rose,
YAYYYY! We hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
-Ameera and Robin
This was so addictive!
Hi there Colleen,
We totally agree! We loved it! We are thrilled that you found it addictive as well.
Thank you so much for the awesome review of this recipe.
-Ameera and Robin