Festive, flavorful, and fast, this simple Cranberry Christmas Salsa is an amazing appetizer for your holiday table.
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries, finely chopped *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped *
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely diced small cucumbers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (+/-)
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- Place the fresh cranberries into a food processor, process for about 10 seconds to finely chop. Be careful, do not overprocess. Place into a large bowl.
- Add all the remaining Base Ingredients into the bowl with the chopped cranberries. Mix well to evenly distribute. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes, then serve.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 3 cups.