Whole Food Plant Based Powdered Sugar! Two ingredients come together in this super simple recipe.
Need a recipe for a healthier powdered sugar? This recipe for a Whole Food Plant Based Powdered Sugar is a fantastic substitute. Use it for all your dry powdered sugar needs.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We made our first Whole Food Plant Based Powdered Sugar back in January 2018 with our Rustic Carrot Cake recipe. We get questions all the time asking us where it is because they can’t easily find it, so we decided that we needed to make a separate blog post for it instead of tucking it in other recipes.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: Traditional powdered sugar is made by combining granulated sugar with cornstarch and blending it in a high-speed blender until light and airy. This is a Whole Food Plant Based version which combines date or maple sugar (or coconut sugar) with cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- One-to-One Ratio: This recipe is highly customizable. It is a one-to-one ratio of sugar to cornstarch.
- Maple Sugar (dry) and Date Sugar (dry): Maple sugar and date sugar are not as sweet as granulated sugar. This recipe is not going to taste as sweet as traditional powdered sugar. It will work perfectly as a substitution for most of your dry powdered sugar needs. If your diet permits, coconut sugar works well too.
- Sweetness: Since this powdered sugar is not as sweet as traditional powdered sugar, if needed, you can increase the amount of dry sugar as needed.
- Color of the Powdered Sugar: Based upon the color of the sugar you use in this recipe, the end-product color of your WFPB powdered sugar may be influenced accordingly. In other words, it may not be super white.
- Other Recipes Using Whole Food Plant Based Powdered Sugar:
Leftovers and Freezing:
Use the date parameters assigned on your sugar and cornstarch labels.
- High-speed blender
If you try this healthy powdered sugar, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
This recipe for a Whole Food Plant Based Powdered Sugar is a fantastic substitute. Use it for all your dry powdered sugar needs.
- ¼ cup date or maple sugar (or sugar of choice) *
- ¼ cup cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) *
- Place the date or maple sugar (or sugar of choice) into a high-speed blender along with the cornstarch (or arrowroot powder). Pulse on high for 30 to 45 seconds until the mixture is very light and has a powder-like consistency.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.