Sweet and savory, this oil free Vegan Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball is the perfect decadent spread for crackers and sure to be a hit at parties and get-togethers.
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese *
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons crushed pineapple, well drained *
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ¼ to 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans (to coat the cheese ball)
- Assorted Crackers *
- Place all the Base Ingredients into a bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and press the cheese ball mixture into the bowl, press firmly to form the cheese ball to the bowl. Then fold the excess plastic wrap over the top. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight.
- After refrigeration, open up the plastic wrap that was folded over top, then place a serving plate on top of the bowl, invert.Remove the bowl, then carefully remove the plastic wrap. If desired, gently press finely chopped walnuts all over the cheese ball or just the top.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or flatbread.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serves: Serves 8-12 people