Vegan Oil Free Pesto Caprese Dip! Start the party with this awesome dip that is packed with summer time vibes!
Vibrant, bold, and rich, this delicious Vegan Oil Free Pesto Caprese Dip is the perfect appetizer for parties and family dinner tables alike. Flavorful pesto spread over vegan cream cheese, topped with sliced tomatoes, then popped in the oven makes for the ultimate comfort food appetizer. Serve with baked pita chips, crackers, or toasty bread, everyone will dig in with gusto!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
When I saw the non-vegan version of this dish by Instrupix.com, I just knew that I needed to convert it to Whole Food Plant Based, and I am so happy that we did exactly that.
What is awesome about this dish, is that you can make it ahead of time, pop it in the fridge and warm it up when guests arrive. Everyone will tear right into it. We literally devoured it in seconds.
It is sooooo yummy! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This appetizer is the best of both worlds, a delightful combination of pesto and caprese dip. If you are not a fan of fresh basil, then perhaps this recipe is not for you.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: Feel free to use your favorite vegan cream cheese. We tested both our own Vegan Cream Cheese, and for convenience we tried Kite Hill Cream Cheese (WFPB). Both were amazing. If making your own vegan cream cheese, please make it the day ahead in order to make sure the vegan cheese sets up.
- Oil-Free Pesto: We used our Oil-Free Pesto recipe; however, feel free to use your favorite oil-free pesto sauce. Use 2/3 cup.
- Dinner Guest Appetizer: This dish is a fantastic appetizer because it can be made ahead of time and popped into the oven right before dinner guests arrive. If going straight from the refrigerator to the oven, increase the oven time accordingly.
- Served Fresh without Baking: If you are looking for a very fresh idea, you can serve this appetizer without baking. If your tomatoes are on the larger side, then we suggest cutting the tomatoes into smaller bitesize pieces based upon the size of the tomatoes. OR if your tomatoes are watery, we suggest, seeding them and cutting them into smaller pieces.
- Serving Size 4 to 8: We had family members dive into this appetizer like it was their last meal. It really depends on how hungry everyone is. It can easily serve up to 8 people, but if everyone is hungry, it will serve 4. LOL
- Cherry Tomatoes: We used cherry tomatoes that were slightly larger than a typical cherry tomato. You want to slice the tomatoes, place them on top, but only place them on top of the pesto and not the border of cream cheese peaking through. Although it won’t hurt anything if it does.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done in the oven, or in the microwave.
This dish does not freeze well.
Pantry Products Used:
- Cream Cheese: Kite Hill Cream Cheese is Whole Food Plant Based and is an awesome alternative if you do not want to make cream cheese from scratch.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Pie plate
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Adapted from Instrupix.com
Vibrant, bold, and rich, this delicious Vegan Oil Free Pesto Caprese Dip is the perfect appetizer for parties and family dinner tables alike.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh basil
- Pita chips
- Toasty bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Smooth out the Vegan Cream Cheese onto the bottom of pie plate.
- Place the Oil Free Pesto sauce (2/3 cup) onto the cream cheese leaving a tiny border of cream cheese showing around the perimeter.
- Arrange the ¼ inch sliced cherry tomatoes on top (over the pesto).
- Place into the oven (center rack) and bake at 350 F for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with some Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional) and add a few sprigs of fresh basil in the center.
- Serve warm with pita chips, crackers, or toasty bread.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 8
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.