Creamy, bold and herbaceous, this Vegan Italian Pepperoncini Dressing is all about those deliciously tangy pepperoncini peppers.
- ¼ cup [raw] cashews *
- ¼ cup + 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pepperoncini brine (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons to ½ cup pepperoncini slices (+/-) *
Dressing Spice/Herb Ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (+/-)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano (+/-)
- pinch to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, allow to sit for 15 minutes, then drain off the water (discard).
- In the meantime, place all the Dressing Spice/Herb Ingredients (except the basil and oregano) into a small bowl, whisk, set aside.
- After 15 minutes, place the soaked and drained cashews into a high-speed blender along with all the remaining Dressing Ingredients and the Dressing Spice/Herb Mix (no basil or oregano), blend on high until smooth and emulsified. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Then pulse in the basil and oregano for a quick pulse, do not blend. Allow to sit for 5 minutes for the flavors to marry. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes about ¾ cup