Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery! This family favorite appetizer got a Whole Food Plant Based twist, and it’s sure to be a winner on your holiday table.
Crunchy, tangy, and oh-so-yummy, this Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery is a simple and easy make-ahead appetizer. Celery sticks stuffed with vegan cream cheese and briny Spanish olives are insanely delicious and sure to pique your guests’ interest. This Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery is a must have for your next party, holiday appetizer table, and family dinners alike.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
My grandmother, Nancy, has been making “Stuffed Celery” for as long as I can remember. She would bring it every year for Thanksgiving. My Aunt Mary absolutely loved it, so did Mom. I grew up eating it at every holiday. We all loved it, but my Aunt Mary’s love was next level when it came to stuffed celery. LOL
Mom always made extra and put it in our downstair’s fridge to ensure that we always had some for days after the holiday because it was only made at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This Whole Food Plant Based stuffed celery is every bit as good as the non-vegan real deal.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: These vegan cream cheese stuffed celeries are deliciously briny. If you love cream cheese and pimento stuffed green olives, you are going to love these tasty appetizers.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: We have used our Vegan Cream Cheese recipe, and we have used Kite Hill Cream Cheese simply because it is convenient and Whole Food Plant Based. Feel free to use your favorite vegan cream cheese recipe. Please note, if you are making homemade cream cheese, you want to make the recipe the day before and use a recipe where the end result is firm cream cheese.
- Hot Sauce: We used Frank’s Hot Sauce. It’s a small amount used, but it makes a big difference. Do not leave it out.
- Olive Brine: What is olive brine? It’s simple the liquid (brine) that the pimento stuffed Spanish olives are swimming in. It adds amazing flavor for this recipe.
- Helpful Hints on Celery: As you know celery has a rounded bottom when facing upward, so the stuffed celery tends to roll on its side after stuffed. What we like to do is after cutting the celery ribs into 3 to 4-inch lengths is stand them on their ends and cut a very thin slice off the bottom of the celery rib creating a flat surface, so the celery ribs lay perfectly flat and upright on your platter. Eat or save the thin slivers of celery for your next soup or homemade vegetable stock.
- Celery Strings: We love celery. We eat a lot of it. One of the things we like to do is peel the celery, just like you would a carrot. Obviously, you can’t peel the canal of the celery, but just lightly peeling the outer surface significantly cuts down on the celery strings and makes eating them a very pleasant experience because it significantly reduces the celery strings.
- Not a fan of celery? You can easily turn the recipe into a vegan cheeseball or dip. If making a cheeseball, see the instructions on our Vegan Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball recipe, coat the ball in finely chopped olives (optional). If making a dip, just place into a bowl. If you look at your pictures, you will see the stuffed celery ribs surrounding a bowl of the mixture, so we did both. We stuffed celery and we also used it as a dip.
- Make Ahead: These stuffed celery appetizers are an excellent make-ahead recipe. Make the day before or earlier in the day for best results.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Cream Cheese for convenience; it is Whole Food Plant Based. We love to use our Vegan Cream Cheese recipe as well. Feel free to use your favorite vegan cream cheese.
- Hot Sauce: We used Frank’s RedHot Original Hot Sauce.
- Crackers: If you opt to not stuff the celery and make it as a cheeseball or dip, we used Mary’s Gone Crackers to serve with it. If you look at our charcuterie board photos, you will see that we both stuffed celery and also used it as a dip. Most of Mary’s Gone Crackers line of crackers are Whole Food Plant Based. Be sure to read the ingredients. Feel free to use your favorite crackers.
- Pimento Stuffed Spanish Olives: There are tons of brands of Pimento Stuffed Spanish Olives, just be sure to red the ingredients label to avoid oil. Most do not contain oil.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- No special kitchen appliances or products used
If you try this awesome cream cheese stuffed celery, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Vegan Cream Cheese Olive Stuffed Celery
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes (+Rest Time)
- Yield: 20-30 Stuffed Celery 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Diet: Vegan
Crunchy, tangy, and oh-so-yummy, this Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery is a simple and easy make-ahead appetizer.
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese *
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pimento stuffed Spanish olives *
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive brine *
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce (+/-) *
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 10 to 15 celery ribs, cut into 3-inch lengths
Optional Topping Ingredients:
- Very finely chopped pimento stuffed Spanish olives
- Assorted Crackers (if used as a dip)
- Place all the Base Ingredients into a bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Stuff (top) the celery pieces with the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with some additional finely chopped pimento olive pieces.
- Refrigerate for several hours, then serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 20 to 30 stuffed celery
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.
This was quick and easy to make. Tried without the hot sauce then tried with the hot sauce. Hot sauce definitely gave it the balance it needed. I’m not one who usually uses hot sauce. Thanks for all the wonderful plant based recipes especially hard to find recipes that don’t use oil. Love all your recipes been going on 3 years plant based.
Hi there Kass,
Woo hoo! We are SUPER excited you enjoyed this recipe and felt it was quick and easy to make. We appreciate you sharing your wonderful review with us. Congratulations on your 3 years of plant based living. We appreciate your kind words and support!
-Ameera and Robin