Vegan Chick-fil-A Sauce! There’s a lot to love about sauces: they’re deliciously dunkable, a perfect flavor-pop on sandwiches, and just down-right finger-lickin’ good!
Sweet, smoky, and tangy in all the right ways, this healthy, oil-free Vegan Chick-fil-A Sauce is so easy to make and sure to take plant-based nuggets, bean burgers, baked fries, and roasted veggies to a whole new level of irresistible goodness. A perfect blend zingy mustard, rich bbq sauce, and creamy cashews come together in this amazing dipping sauce. You won’t believe how much flavor is packed into this delicious copy cat sauce.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This Vegan Chick-Fil-A Sauce is a tasty copy-cat version that is sure to make you want to eat baked fries every day of the week. Absolutely perfect and bursting with sweet, smoky, tangy flavor, you will love!
Tips for Success:
- Important Note: The above recipe only makes about 2/3 cup of sauce. We did this intentionally because we want you to make an informed decision about this recipe. We always double this recipe which yields about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups; however, doubling comes with some additional thoughts that you need to consider:
- Doubling all the Ingredients tends to make a more mayonnaise and BBQ style sauce. You may also wish to start on the lower side of the yellow mustard. You can always ramp it up later, if needed.
- Keeping the Cashews at 1/3 cup but Doubling all the remaining Ingredients will result in a more mustard flavored North Carolina Golden BBQ style sauce.
- Water: This recipe results in a beautifully thick barbecue sauce; however, you may find the need to add a bit more water to thin it out. It will continue to thicken up as it sits or if refrigerated.
- Cashews: You can also soak the cashews overnight if you wish. You can try to substitute with the typical cashew substitutions, silken tofu, white beans, or other nuts or seeds with the understanding that the flavor and texture will change accordingly. We have not tested any substitutions.
- Barbecue Sauce: It is very important to understand that the BBQ sauce used will highly influence the outcome of this sauce. If you use a “tangy” BBQ sauce, then this sauce will become “tangy”. The same applies if you use a “smoky” BBQ sauce, the end result will be more “smoky”, same with sweet, etc. We used our Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s Healthy Copycat). We think this BBQ sauce is the closest that we have found that mimics the flavors used in Chick-fil-A’s sauce. It worked perfectly for us. We loved it.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 5 to 6 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This sauce can be frozen; however, it is best eaten right after making. Freezing tends to make cashew-based recipes super thick. If frozen, for best results, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and finish up on the counter for an hour. You may need to add water or vinegar to loosen it up.
Pantry Products Used:
- Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients.
- Yellow Mustard: We used French’s Classic Yellow Mustard. Please feel free to use your favorite classic yellow mustard.
- Dijon Mustard: We used Koops Dijon Mustard. Please feel free to use your favorite Dijon mustard.
Kitchen Products Used:
- High-Speed Blender. We like this Vitamix Blender.
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Sweet, smoky, and tangy in all the right ways, this healthy, oil-free Vegan Chick-fil-A Sauce is so easy to make and sure to take plant-based nuggets, bean burgers, baked fries, and roasted veggies to a whole new level of irresistible goodness.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews *
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce *
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons yellow mustard *
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard *
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then discard the water, then add the cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Then place all the remaining Ingredients into a high-speed blender along with the soaked cashews, and blend on high for one minute, scrape down the sides, and blend for another minute, or until creamy and smooth.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 2/3 cup
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.