Sweet, smoky, and tangy in all the right ways, this healthy, oil-free Vegan Chick-fil-A Sauce is so easy to make and sure to take plant-based nuggets, bean burgers, baked fries, and roasted veggies to a whole new level of irresistible goodness.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews *
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce *
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons yellow mustard *
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard *
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then discard the water, then add the cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Then place all the remaining Ingredients into a high-speed blender along with the soaked cashews, and blend on high for one minute, scrape down the sides, and blend for another minute, or until creamy and smooth.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 2/3 cup