Spicy Ginger Stir Fry! Fast, fuss-free, and flavorful, you say? Yes, please! This awesome rainbow dish totally delivers on all those satisfying veggie needs with minimal effort.
Bold, saucy, and healthy, this easy, oil-free Spicy Ginger Stir Fry recipe is loaded with plant-based goodness. It is better than takeout! The spicy ginger garlic sauce is packed with umami flavor. Frozen stir fry veggies make it fast and easy making for a simple weeknight meal! Ready in less than 30 minutes!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This Spicy Ginger Stir Fry dish is perfect for those busy nights when you need to get something on the table fast to feed a hungry family.
We love Asian dishes and this one really delivers. If you love that juxtaposition of sweet and spicy, then this dish is for you.
Using a package of frozen Asian Stir Fry Vegetables makes this dish incredibly fast and easy to pull together. We scarfed it down like our lives depended on it.
Tips for Success:
- Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables: Be sure to cook the stir fry vegetables until the desired tenderness before adding the sauce as the veggies will not become more tender after the sauce is added. You can also use fresh veggies if you wish, just make sure the veggies are cooked to the desired tenderness before adding the sauce.
- Veggies: You can pretty much substitute your favorite veggies into this dish.
- Chickpeas: You can add some chickpeas, or edamame, if you wish. Add in Step 2. Just don’t add too many or the dish can become too dry.
- Red Pepper Flakes: If you have small children, you may wish to reduce the amount of red pepper flakes. We loved the full ¼ teaspoon. It adds tons of flavor.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
This dish freezes well. For best results, thaw out in the fridge the night before.
Pantry Products Used:
- Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: We used Huy Fong Foods Chili Garlic Sauce. This brand does have a small amount of sugar. However, this brand is generally accepted by the WFPB community.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Enamel/Ceramic Lined Skillet or similar nonstick skillet
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Bold, saucy, and healthy, this quick, oil-free Spicy Ginger Stir Fry recipe is loaded with plant-based goodness and perfect for weekday meals.
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon minced ginger (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 – [ 16 oz. package ] frozen stir fry vegetables
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked (from can – drained & rinsed)
- Steamed rice
- Cooked noodles
- Make the sauce by placing all the Sauce Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk well, set aside.
- Place the frozen stir fry veggies into an enamel/ceramic lined skillet or similar nonstick skillet, heat until thawed and cooked to the desired tenderness. Add a splash of water to prevent burning.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the sauce, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and coats all the veggies.Simmer for several minutes, then remove from the stove and serve over your favorite rice or noodles.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.