Bold, saucy, and healthy, this quick, oil-free Spicy Ginger Stir Fry recipe is loaded with plant-based goodness and perfect for weekday meals.
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon minced ginger (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 – [ 16 oz. package ] frozen stir fry vegetables
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked (from can – drained & rinsed)
- Steamed rice
- Cooked noodles
- Make the sauce by placing all the Sauce Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk well, set aside.
- Place the frozen stir fry veggies into an enamel/ceramic lined skillet or similar nonstick skillet, heat until thawed and cooked to the desired tenderness. Add a splash of water to prevent burning.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the sauce, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and coats all the veggies.Simmer for several minutes, then remove from the stove and serve over your favorite rice or noodles.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.