Oil Free Simple Hummus Dressing! Flavorful, simple, and feel-good, this dressing is on repeat at our house.
This Oil Free Simple Hummus Dressing is fast, creamy, and delicious. Made in less than 3 minutes, this healthy dressing is perfect when you need to whip up a dressing in a hurry. It tastes great with accents of tangy and sweet.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This hummus-based dressing has become a family favorite when we need to whip up a quick dressing. Perfectly tangy with just the right amount of sweetness, this dressing makes for a great fast and easy salad dressing in a hurry.
We always have hummus in the fridge so this one comes together in less than 3 minutes and tastes perfectly delicious! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is sweet and tangy.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other salad greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus because it is super creamy and smooth, making it perfect for a dressing base. Feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- Salad Ingredients: Mixed greens, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, grated carrots, chopped red bell peppers, baked chickpeas, shredded-beet-juice-marinated green cabbage, and whole wheat couscous.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This salad dressing does not freeze well.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk or fork
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.
If you try this delicious dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
This Oil Free Simple Hummus Dressing is fast, creamy, and delicious.
- ½ cup hummus *
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes shy of 1 cup of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.