Oil Free Shallot Vinaigrette! Place all the ingredients into a blender, blend, and enjoy! What could be easier? This Vinaigrette is a fun dressing twist to your salad game.
Healthy, delicious, and perfectly balanced, this Oil Free Shallot Vinaigrette dressing is lightly tangy and full of tasty flavor. Drizzle over nourishing greens, dip with roasted veggies, or spread in a sandwich for a delightful burst of flavor.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
I love shallots! I especially love this shallot-based vinaigrette! It’s so flavorful and makes for the perfect salad dressing on everything from simple lettuce salads to big salads, to pasta salads, on roasted veggies, and more.
It’s so tasty! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is a shallot infused red wine vinaigrette.
- Shallots: We tested a wide variety of shallot sizes. If you want a lightly shallot flavored vinaigrette, use a small shallot. A medium sized shallot worked perfect in our opinion. If unsure, start with a small shallot then add additional shallot pieces until you reach the desired flavor.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
- Dijon Mustard: We used Koops Dijon Mustard. Feel free to use your favorite Dijon mustard.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Food Processor (or high-speed blender)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.
If you try this flavorful dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Healthy, delicious, and perfectly balanced, this Oil Free Shallot Vinaigrette dressing is lightly tangy and full of tasty flavor.
- 1 medium shallot, chunked *
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- Place all the Ingredients into a food processor (or high-speed blender), process until the shallot has been minced and the ingredients are well blended.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 cup of dressing
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.