Oil Free Easy French Hummus Dressing! Creamy, rich, and oh-so-satisfying, French dressing lovers rejoice with this wholesome dressing.
Easy to make and lightly tangy, this Oil Free Easy French Hummus Dressing can be made in 5 minutes or less. Using a hummus-base and simple pantry ingredients, you’ll be pleasantly surprised how fast this dressing comes together.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Mom and I can’t resist creating fast and easy salad dressings using every day pantry ingredients. Hummus is the perfect base for oil-free salad dressings.
Using our The Best Hummus works perfectly for salad dressings because it is ultra creamy! It whips up to create the creamiest dressings and is kind of a blank slate for just about every dressing you can conceive of.
It just works! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is a sweet and tangy French dressing.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, the salad falls flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients which then flattens the flavor of the dressing. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus in this recipe; however, feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- Celery Seed: If you have celery seed on hand, use it. It adds amazing flavor to this French dressing. You can leave it out with the understanding that you are sacrificing some of flavor.
- Salad Ingredient Ideas: Mixed greens, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, cooked whole food plant based pasta, grated carrots, sliced cooked beets, baked chickpeas, and chopped green bell peppers.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
- Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.
If you try this flavorful dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Easy to make and lightly tangy, this Oil Free Easy French Hummus Dressing can be made in 5 minutes or less.
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes slightly more than 1 cup of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.