Oil Free Beet Hummus Dressing! We love the versatility of hummus based dressings, and this beet variation is sure to please.
Rich, creamy, and fast, this healthy Oil Free Beet Hummus Dressing is brimming with sweet, earthy beet flavors and the perfect addition to your salad. The bright fuchsia color is appealing to kids and adults alike creating a fun, pink salad that’s both pretty and tasty.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
I enjoy beets, but Mom is on a whole “nuther” level when it comes to beets. She loves them. She was all about creating a beet hummus dressing. This dressing is so delicious! It is thick and creamy and the beets can either be light or heavy – totally dependent upon on how many you wish to add.
Yasmeen LOVED the color. She wanted a “Barbie Pink” salad! She devoured all the veggies that I put this dressing on. Always a great thing when kids want to eat more veggies!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is sweet and tangy with beet flavor undertones. It’s delightfully thick and creamy and tastes amazing. If you love beets, then you will love this salad dressing. The beautiful color is appealing to children and adults alike.
- Beets: We used canned beets (small beets about golf ball size). You can boil or roast beets from raw if you wish.
- Amount of Beets: We used 4 small golf ball sized beets. You can use less or more beets, largely dependent upon how much beet flavor you wish to come through as well as dressing texture.
- Apple Cider Vinegar/Dijon Mustard: Our family was completely divided over the amount of tang this dressing needed. Be sure to follow the “Taste Testing Salad Dressings” advice below. Feel free to add some extra apple cider vinegar or Dijon mustard if you want more tang.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus because it is super creamy and smooth, making it perfect for a dressing base. Feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- High-Speed Blender or Food Processor: You can use either a high-speed blender or food processor for this recipe. The high-speed blender will create a very smooth salad dressing while the food processor may have some texture.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
- Dijon Mustard: We used Koops Dijon Mustard. Feel free to use your favorite Dijon mustard.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
- High-speed blender (or food processor)
If you try this vibrant and flavorful dressing, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Rich, creamy, and fast, this healthy Oil Free Beet Hummus Dressing is brimming with sweet, earthy beet flavors and the perfect addition to your salad.
- 4 small beets (canned or cooked) (+/-) *
- ½ cup hummus *
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a high-speed blender (or food processor), process on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 cup of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.