Easy Mediterranean Veggie Skillet! Get ready to take your taste buds on a flavor-filled trip to the Mediterranean with our satisfying Easy Mediterranean Veggie Skillet, minus the jet lag!
Indulge in the delightful flavors of the Mediterranean with our quick and easy Mediterranean Veggie Skillet recipe. This vibrant skillet dish is a symphony of garden-fresh veggies delicately seasoned with a blend of aromatic Mediterranean herbs and spices. Whether you’re craving a taste of summer in the depths of winter or looking for a light and healthy meal any time of the year, this dish is sure to satisfy.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We’re passionate about crafting quick and flavorful skillet dishes that are perfect for any season. Whether it’s the vibrant colors of summer veggies or the hearty warmth of winter fare, our skillet dishes are designed to bring joy to your table year-round. You gotta give this one a try!
Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a versatile and nutritious vegetable that offers a myriad of health benefits. Packed with essential nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium, zucchini is not only delicious but also a great addition to a healthy diet.
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This Easy Mediterranean Veggie Skillet is a skillet dish that tastes like garden fresh veggies lightly seasoned with Mediterranean spices and herbs that can be enjoyed year-round.
- Veggies: Make sure the veggies have reached the desired tenderness before moving from Step 2 to Step 3, largely dependent on how crisp or tender you prefer your veggies.
- Low-Fat Dish Expectations: This dish was designed to be low in fat. Because it is low in fat, you are not going to experience that endorphin rush associated with eating high-fat foods when eating this dish. It is very tasty for what it is, and that is a low-fat dish. We just want to make sure that our Readers recognize this when contemplating making this recipe. If you wish to make it more indulgent, add the Vegan Parmesan Cheese on individual servings. The vegan parmesan cheese totally takes it over the top.
- Grape Tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes): The tomatoes pretty much melt into the dish creating great flavor and moisture. If you prefer a more intact tomato, then add them at the same time as when you add the garlic and sauté until they reach the desired texture.
- Chickpeas Substitute: You can pretty much substitute with your favorite bean in this recipe.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 4 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish can be frozen.
- Regular Chili Powder: Feel free to use your favorite chili powder, just be sure to select a mild one and not one that has a lot of heat to it.
- Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients. Feel free to use your favorite vegetable broth.
- Large skillet
If you try this wholesome skillet meal, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
This vibrant Mediterranean Veggie Skillet is a symphony of garden-fresh veggies delicately seasoned with a blend of herbs and spices.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved *
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed *
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder *
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon Italian Herb Mix (+/-)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Serve in a bowl along with steamed rice
- Place the Herb/Spice Ingredients into a small bowl, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the onions, bell pepper, zucchini, and grape tomatoes, sauté over medium-high heat for approximately 7 to 9 minutes to soften. Add a splash of water or broth to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas and the Herb/Spice Mix, stir well to heat through. Then add the vegetable broth to moisten the mixture. Heat through, serve, and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.