Vegan Parmesan Zucchini and Tomato Pasta! Nothing screams summer more than fresh, garden zucchini and tomatoes.
Light, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying, this easy, oil-free Vegan Parmesan Zucchini and Tomato Pasta recipe is a quick weeknight meal that the whole family will fall in love with. Nourishing veggies bathed in a delicious parmesan sauce.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Our garden is bursting with zucchinis. The funny thing is that both Dad and I planted zucchinis in our garden, and we are both overloaded with them. Mom and I are trying to come up with as many zucchini recipes as possible to use up all our garden bounty.
This recipe is super simple and so easy to make. We absolutely loved it because it is light and flavorful too. Yasmeen devoured it. She was eating two-fisted when I served it to her. LOL
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Have you tried our Vegan Parmesan Cheese? We adore it. We always have it in our fridge. Dad always lets me and Mom know when we are running low so we can make more. Don’t leave it out of the recipes as it is an integral ingredient. You can certainly use other vegan parmesan cheese recipes, but avoid the ones where the main ingredient is oats. We believe it will make the broth gummy.
You gotta give this one a try! We freaking loved it! Dad devoured it like a champ! LOL
Tips for Success:
- Veggies: Make sure the veggies have reached the desired tenderness before moving from Step 3 to Step 4, largely dependent on how crisp or tender you prefer your veggies.
- Grape Tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes): The tomatoes pretty much melt into the dish creating great flavor and moisture. If you prefer a more intact tomato, then add them at the same time as when you add the garlic and sauté until they reach the desired texture.
- Measuring the Tomatoes: Cut the grape tomatoes in half, then measure out 1 ½ cups.
- Amount of Pasta: It is always tempting to use a full pound of pasta; however, that is too much for this recipe. Your dish will end up too dry. We recommend using approx. 12 oz. to ensure a flavorful dish.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese: We used our Vegan Parmesan Cheese for this dish as it creates a decadent, rich flavor-base.. Please feel free to use your favorite Vegan Parmesan Cheese; however, we do not recommend using a vegan parmesan cheese that has an oat base, it will get too gummy.
- Nutrition Facts: We included our vegan parmesan cheese into the nutrition facts. If you use a nut/seed free vegan parmesan cheese, the fat content will drastically drop (unless using another high-fat ingredient.)
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done on the stovetop, or in the microwave.
This dish can be frozen; however, it is best if served immediately after making or after refrigerating leftovers. Pasta does tend to get a little mushy after freezing.
Pantry Products Used:
- Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Large ceramic-lined or non-stick skillet with a tight-fitting lid
- Stock pot to cook the pasta
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Light, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying, this easy, oil-free Vegan Parmesan Zucchini and Tomato Pasta recipe is a quick weeknight meal that the whole family will fall in love with.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved *
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- pinch to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 12 oz. GF spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Place the Herb/Spice Ingredients into a small bowl, mix well. Set aside.
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Check package direction on cooking times, drain, (rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch if using gluten free pasta), shake well, set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel lined skillet, Dutch oven, or non-stick skillet, add the onions, zucchini, and grape tomatoes, sauté over medium-high heat for approximately 7 to 9 minutes to soften. Add a splash of water or broth to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add all the remaining Base Ingredients and the Herb/Spice Mix, stir well, simmer over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Then add the cooked pasta, heat through, then remove from the stove, cover with a tight-fitting lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors marry.
- Serve topped with Vegan Parmesan Cheese and freshly chopped parsley or fresh basil.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.