Light, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying, this easy, oil-free Vegan Parmesan Zucchini and Tomato Pasta recipe is a quick weeknight meal that the whole family will fall in love with.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved *
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese *
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- pinch to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 12 oz. GF spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Place the Herb/Spice Ingredients into a small bowl, mix well. Set aside.
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Check package direction on cooking times, drain, (rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch if using gluten free pasta), shake well, set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel lined skillet, Dutch oven, or non-stick skillet, add the onions, zucchini, and grape tomatoes, sauté over medium-high heat for approximately 7 to 9 minutes to soften. Add a splash of water or broth to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add all the remaining Base Ingredients and the Herb/Spice Mix, stir well, simmer over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Then add the cooked pasta, heat through, then remove from the stove, cover with a tight-fitting lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors marry.
- Serve topped with Vegan Parmesan Cheese and freshly chopped parsley or fresh basil.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.