Vegan Cucumber Radish Salad with Lemon-Herb Sauce! Creamy, herbaceous sauce makes the perfect base for refreshing, marinated cucumbers and radishes piled high with crunchy, buttery pistachios – yum!
Beautiful, easy, and flavorful, this Vegan Cucumber Radish Salad with Lemon-Herb Sauce is a delicious, creamy, and elegant appetizer that is a total crowd pleaser. Serve with pita bread or pita chips for dipping fun.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This recipe was inspired by Star Infinite Food, Marinated Cucumber & Radish Salad with Whipped Lemon-Herb Tahini & Ricotta recipe. We adapted it to a Whole Food Plant Based recipe. It is a stunner appetizer that is both delicious and beautiful.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This Star Infinite Food recipe [Marinated Cucumber & Radish Salad with Whipped Lemon-Herb Tahini & Ricotta] is adapted to a Whole Food Plant Based recipe. It’s a delicious, creamy, sophisticated looking appetizer that looks beautiful and tastes amazing!
- Caper Brine: The caper brine is simply the liquid from the jar of capers which is used in the salad.
- Capers Chopped and Mashed: Chop the capers on a cutting board, then using the flat edge of a large knife, mash them and drag with the knife to create a paste-like consistency, then scoop it up and mix in.
- Slicing the Cucumbers and Radishes: Try to slice the cucumbers and radishes as thinly as you can either by hand or using a mandolin.
- Fresh Dill: Using fresh dill is superior to dried dill. We used 1 – [ .5 oz. package ] of dill (in total) for this recipe.
- Marinating the Cucumbers and Radishes: Cucumbers have a lot of water, marinating them with a brine will draw out the water and prevent the cucumber/radish topping from leaching water.
- Fresh Lemon: Using fresh lemon juice and zest is superior than bottled lemon juice for this recipe. It will have a clean and fresh dimension to the salad.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Cream Cheese simply because it is convenient. Feel free to use our Vegan Cream Cheese or your favorite recipe or other brand of Whole Food Plant Based cream cheese.
- Make Ahead: We suggest making the Sauce the day before and refrigerating until ready to serve. You can cut the cucumbers, radishes, green onions, and keep them separate in the fridge without the marinade. About 30 minutes before serving, start the marinade. Do not marinate the cucumbers and radishes for more than 10 minutes to keep some of the crunch integrity. They will naturally lose some crunch, but you don’t want to lose it all. Then continue with the recipe.
- Pita or Pita Chips: We served ours with toasted pita chips. We used whole wheat pitas, cut them into triangles and baked them in the oven until nicely toasted. We also kitchen tested with untoasted pita chips. Both toasted and untoasted are amazing.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 3 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This appetizer cannot be frozen.
- Whisk or fork
- Mandolin (optional)
- Lemon zester
Beautiful, easy, and flavorful, this Vegan Cucumber Radish Salad with Lemon-Herb Sauce is a delicious, creamy, and elegant appetizer that is a total crowd pleaser.
- 3 small cucumbers, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons capers *
- 1 Tablespoon caper brine *
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill *
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese *
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice *
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon capers, chopped and mashed *
- 1 Tablespoon caper brine (+/-) *
- 2 to 3 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water (+/-) (if needed)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill *
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
Salad Topper Ingredients:
- 5 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Chopped fresh dill
- Toasted Pita chips
- Pita bread
- Place all the Marinade Ingredients into a large bowl, mix well, place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add all the Sauce Ingredients into a bowl, mix well until emulsified. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- After the Marinade Ingredients have been in the fridge 10 minutes, dump into a fine mesh strainer to remove the liquids that have developed. Set aside.
- Place the Sauce onto a large flat platter, arrange the Marinade Ingredients (cucumber/radish mix) over top. Sprinkle with sliced green onions, chopped pistachios and chopped fresh dill. Place pita or pita chips around the edges. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 10 to 12
*Nutrition Information: Using a cream cheese with less nuts or a nut free cream cheese will lower the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.