Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars! This deliciousness is like a giant melty chocolate chip cookie baked in a pan.
Simple, rich, and irresistible, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars are the perfect ultra-decadent treat for special occasions or any day! Warm, ooey, gooey chocolate chips are pure baked perfection in a cookie dough bar form. Your whole family will go nuts over this delicious cookie dough bar!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
What can I say other than these bars are pure indulgence! They are sweet with tons of melty chocolate chips in a cookie bar. Best eaten warm with a cup of coffee, glass of plant milk or topped with some “nice-cream,” you can’t go wrong serving these to guests.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: These Chocolate Chip Dough Bars are very decadent, sweet, ooey, gooey, rich and chewy. They melt in your mouth. We call them “dough” bars simply because they feel very slightly underbaked for that full rich experience, similar to a skillet cookie. These bars are sweet and ultra-indulgent!
- Parchment Paper Liner: Line the baking dish with parchment paper to cover the bottom, allow excess paper to go up two of the sides and hang over the edge for easy removal of the bars.
- Removal from Pan: Make sure you run a sharp knife all along the edges of the pan where the parchment paper isn’t covering the edges to ensure that the bars don’t stick to the sides when lifting it from the pan.
- Texture of Bars: These bars are ooey and gooey. Think warm, melty, gooey, chocolatey chip bars. They are not firm, but soft with some slight gooeyness to them. They are meant to be eaten warm as a dessert using a fork. They are great at room temperature, but the intended eating experience is meant to be enjoyed warm from the oven. We like to place room temperature bars in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds to remelt the chocolate. They taste just like they came out of the oven all over again.
- Serving Ideas: You can serve these warm with a scoop of “nice-cream” or with a cup of black coffee. These bars are sweet!
- Walnuts: We also kitchen tested these with walnut. The walnuts are not an integral part of this recipe, so we left it off the recipe completely. If you enjoy walnuts in your chocolate chip cookies, then feel free to place ½ cup in the dough right when you add the chocolate chips.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. For that fresh out-of-the-oven experience, reheating can be done in the oven, or in the microwave.
These bars freeze well. Thaw out in the refrigerator.
Pantry Products Used:
Cashew Butter: This recipe was specifically created to use cashew butter. You can easily substitute the cashew butter for almond butter or sun butter with the understanding that the flavor will change slightly.
Vegan Chocolate Chips: We used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Please feel free to use your favorite chocolate chips or favorite chocolate bar chopped up.
Kitchen Products Used:
- 8 x 8 baking pan
- Parchment papper
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Simple, rich, and irresistible, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars are the perfect ultra-decadent treat for special occasions or any day!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour, lightly pack
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt *
- 1/3 cup cashew butter *
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2/3 to 1 cup vegan chocolate chips *
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the center position.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place all Dry Ingredients into the large bowl, whisk until well combined.
- Then add the Wet Ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients, stir well to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips (and walnuts), stir to combine.
- Then place the mixture into the parchment lined 8 x 8 baking dish, smooth out carefully, then gently pat the mixture down with your hands.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes until set and the edges are pulling away from the sides of the pan and turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for at least 20 minutes, remove from the pan, then score, cut, and serve warm.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.