Simple, rich, and irresistible, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars are the perfect ultra-decadent treat for special occasions or any day!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour, lightly pack
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt *
- 1/3 cup cashew butter *
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2/3 to 1 cup vegan chocolate chips *
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the center position.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place all Dry Ingredients into the large bowl, whisk until well combined.
- Then add the Wet Ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients, stir well to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips (and walnuts), stir to combine.
- Then place the mixture into the parchment lined 8 x 8 baking dish, smooth out carefully, then gently pat the mixture down with your hands.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes until set and the edges are pulling away from the sides of the pan and turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for at least 20 minutes, remove from the pan, then score, cut, and serve warm.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.