Thai Red Curry Ramen Noodle Soup! Comforting ramen + bold Thai Curry flavors = an amazing soup mash-up you will fall in love with!
Healthy, nourishing, and colorful, this oil free Thai Red Curry Ramen Noodle Soup is packed with delicious flavor. Tender noodles and tasty veggies bath in a zesty broth that is sure to get those taste buds tingling. Plus, it’s so easy to make and perfect for a busy weeknight. Both satisfying and hearty, you’ll want to make it over and over again.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Who doesn’t love tasty Ramen noodles, especially the healthy ones, am I right? We have this delicious Thai Curry soup on repeat at our house. You won’t want to miss this flavorful soup that is sure to please all those Thai Curry lovers.
We hope you give it a try and love it as much as we do!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This Thai Red Curry soup is filled with delicious and creamy coconutty-broth infused with bold Thai curry flavor!
- Light Coconut Milk: Light Coconut Milk is permitted on a Whole Food Plant Based Diet while full fat coconut milk is not. Some branches (Esselstyn, McDougall) of the WFPB diet do not allow for coconut at all.
- Light Coconut Milk Substitutes: Typically, if aiming for less fat, you could potentially try an unsweetened plain plant milk; however, we have not tested this substitute.
- Curry Powders: All curry powders are not the same. There are tons of curry options and blends. Each blend tends to accent different spices within the blend. We have found that some blends are heavy with turmeric and tend to be slightly acidic on the backend of the palate. If you find your curry blend is too acidic (and you are going for the low-fat version of this soup), you may need to increase the plant milk to balance the flavors.
- Ramen Noodle Substitutes: If you can’t find compliant Ramen noodles, feel free to substitute with thin spaghetti.
- Amount of Ramen Noodles: If you enjoy a soup that is heavy with noodles, then use 12 oz. If you enjoy a nice amount of broth, then use 8 oz. The noodles really tend to soak up the broth, that is why we suggest keeping the noodles separate from the broth much like the restaurants do. For left-over reheating, if the noodles have been separated and refrigerated, then just place the noodles into a fine-mesh strainer and run under very hot tap water, shake off the excess water, then place into the bottom of the soup bowl and ladle hot soup over top.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done on the stovetop, or in the microwave. We suggest keeping the noodles separate from the broth like most restaurants do to preserve the integrity of the noodles.
This dish can be frozen; however, it is best if served immediately after making or after refrigerating leftovers. Pasta does tend to get a little mushy after freezing.
Pantry Products Used:
- Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients.
- Red Curry Paste:We used Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste. We suggest Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste for this recipe as other brands could possibly contain a lot of heat. If not using Thai Kitchen, then start out on the very low end and build from there.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Stock pot to cook the pasta
- Pot to cook the soup
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Healthy, nourishing, and colorful, this oil free Thai Red Curry Ramen Noodle Soup is packed with delicious flavor.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 medium carrot, cut into half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup grated cabbage
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste *
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder *
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 – [ 13.5 oz. can ] light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 8 to 12 oz. Ramen noodles *
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the Ramen noodles according to package directions, drain, rinse, and set aside to drain.
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel-lined pot or similar stock pot, add the diced onions, carrot, and red bell pepper, sauté over medium-high heat until the veggies begin to soften, approximately 7 to 9 minutes, stirring periodically to prevent burning. Add a tablespoon or so of water if they start to stick and/or to prevent burning.
- Add the grated cabbage and sauté for several minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and the red curry paste, sauté for 30 seconds, just to allow the spices (in the red curry paste) to release their fragrance, then add all the remaining Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Mix, stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to a low-boiling simmer. Simmer until the veggies are tender.
- Once the veggies are tender, stir in the light coconut milk and lime juice. Simmer for several minutes until hot.
- Create individual servings by placing some cooked Ramen noodles into the bottom of soup bowls, then ladle the hot soup over top of the cooked Ramen noodles. Allow to sit for several minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve with sliced green onions or freshly chopped cilantro.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.