Oil Free Vegan Basil Aioli! There is no shortage of zippy, herby goodness in this irresistible aioli.
Bright and flavorful, this Oil Free Vegan Basil Aioli is healthy, easy to make, and sure to elevate any dish you pair it with. It’s the perfect accompaniment for veggie burgers, sandwiches, fries, veggies, or enjoy as a delightful dipping sauce. All you need is 4 simple ingredients!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We love this basil aioli, it’s so easy to make, tastes amazingly fresh and herbaceous! If you love a great basil aioli that boasts being oil-free, then you are gonna love this recipe.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor: The flavor of this aioli is lemony basil. It has delicious slightly tangy punches of lemon and bold flavors of basil.
- Cashew Substitutions: You can try the typical cashews substitutions like silken tofu, white beans, other nuts and seeds with the understanding that the flavor and texture will change accordingly. We have not tested any substitutions.
- Fresh Basil Leaves: We used an herb package of fresh basil. These herb packages are typically sold in the fresh herbs section of most grocery stores. They come in a cell-phone sized clear package. The basil leaves are typically very large in these packages. When we rolled up the basil leaves, they were about ½ cup packed if you are looking for a cup-sized measurement.
- Amount of Water: You may wish to withhold some of the water until you blend to gain a full understanding of the thickness of the sauce and flavor, especially if using fresh lemon juice as it tends to be lighter in flavor than the lemon juice that comes in a bottle.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This aioli cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- High-speed blender
Bright and flavorful, this Oil Free Vegan Basil Aioli is healthy, easy to make, and sure to elevate any dish you pair it with.
- ½ cup (raw) cashews
- 1 – [ .66 oz. or 18.9g package ] fresh extra-large basil leaves *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon water (+/-) *
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, set aside for 15 minutes to soften. After 15 minutes, discard the water, set aside.
- Place the all the remaining Ingredients and soaked cashews into a high-speed blender, blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the aioli, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes slightly more than ¾ cup
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.