Bright and flavorful, this Oil Free Vegan Basil Aioli is healthy, easy to make, and sure to elevate any dish you pair it with.
- ½ cup (raw) cashews
- 1 – [ .66 oz. or 18.9g package ] fresh extra-large basil leaves *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon water (+/-) *
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, set aside for 15 minutes to soften. After 15 minutes, discard the water, set aside.
- Place the all the remaining Ingredients and soaked cashews into a high-speed blender, blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the aioli, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes slightly more than ¾ cup