Oil Free Simple Greek Hummus Dressing! Easy, fast, and flavorful, all the words we love to hear when talking about dressings. And this Greek inspired dressing totally delivers!
We’ve got another hit for your salad, this healthy Oil Free Simple Greek Hummus Dressing is as simple as it is tasty! Healthy and oil-free with a hummus-base, this dressing full of pizzaz from the red wine vinegar and lemon to the earthy oregano, and finishes with a hint of sweetness.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This oil free dressing is super easy to make using your favorite hummus and takes less than 3 minutes to make. We loved it.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is tangy with a little sweetness with undertones of lemon and oregano.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus because it is super creamy and smooth, making it perfect for a dressing base. Feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- Salad Ingredients: Mix and match your favorite salad ingredients.
- Mixed salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Canned cooked artichokes (oil free)
- Cooked pasta
- Sliced cucumbers
- Katamala olives
- Grated carrots
- Sliced green bell peppers
- Sprinkle of oregano
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 3 to 4 days in the referigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing does not freeze well.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus. Feel free to use store-bought hummus or your favorite hummus recipe.
- Whisk (or fork)
We’ve got another hit for your salad, this healthy Oil Free Simple Greek Hummus Dressing is as simple as it is tasty!
- ½ cup hummus *
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes approximately 3/4 cup of dressing
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.