Oil Free Easy Pomegranate Hummus Dressing! We cannot get enough hummus-based dressings, and this delicious variation is on repeat at our house.
Healthy, flavorful, and easy to make, this Oil Free Easy Pomegranate Hummus Dressing recipe can be whipped up in 5 minutes or less. Hummus-based dressings are perfect for fast salad drizzling happiness. This healthy nod to the Middle Eastern Pomegranate Dressing hits all the high notes of a great low-fat dressing with flair. You’ll wonder where it has been all your life!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Of course, Mom and I had to create a healthy nod to a Middle Eastern Pomegranate Dressing. This hummus-based dressing works perfectly giving you that tart-sweet pomegranate flavor with a nice twist of sumac.
Feel free to ramp up both of these ingredients to suit your personal preferences.
Using our The Best Hummus works perfectly for salad dressings because it is ultra creamy! It whips up to create the creamiest dressings and is kind of a blank slate for just about every dressing you can conceive of.
It just works! You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: The flavor profile of this dressing is sweet and tangy with a hint of tart.
- Taste Testing Salad Dressings: There is an art to arriving at the salad dressing that perfectly suits your tastes. The best way to test salad dressings is to place a few leaves of lettuce (or other greens) in a tiny bowl, put a tiny bit of the salad dressing over top and mix really well, then taste test. Some salad dressings taste amazing before you dress the salad, then once dressing the salad, they fall flat. That is because the salad dressing has to cover all of the salad ingredients and it flattens the flavor. Additionally, some salad dressings taste really tangy or overly strong before dressing the salad, but once you dress the salad, it coats all the ingredients and tastes amazing.
- Hummus: We used our The Best Hummus in this recipe; however, feel free to use your favorite hummus.
- Salad Ingredients: Mixed greens, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, sliced radishes, baked chickpeas.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dressing cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Pomegranate Molasses: We used Cortas Pomegranate Molasses. This product does contain a small amount of sugar. This product is generally accepted by the Whole Food Plant Based community because of the small amount of sugar. Feel free to use your favorite Pomegranate Molasses.
- Sumac: We used Penzeys Sumac Berries Turkish Ground. Please feel free to use your favorite ground sumac berries.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Whisk (or fork)
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Healthy, flavorful, and easy to make, this Oil Free Easy Pomegranate Hummus Dressing recipe can be whipped up in 5 minutes or less.
- ½ cup hummus *
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate molasses (+/-) *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon sumac (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes shy of 1 cup of dressing
*Nutrition Information: Using a hummus that has a smaller amount of tahini or no tahini at all will reduce the fat content.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.