Oil-Free Baked Potato Slices! These golden rounds of goodness are easy to make and easy to love!
These healthy and addictive Oil-Free Baked Potato Slices are spud heaven. An easy method that i sure to get you perfect fries every single time. Your family will delight in these delicious potato slices, couple them with some bold Vegan Fry Sauce and you are on your winning way!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Who doesn’t love a foolproof recipe that will get you on your way to fry nirvana in the healthiest way possible? And everybody is sure to love these French fries. They are just so gosh darned delicious!
I could eat them every day, and Michael loves them. He is always begging me to make oil-free oven fries because they go FAST in our house.
This recipe works fabulously because you don’t need to peel the potatoes or cut them into fries length-wise which can sometimes result into some skinny ones and some fat ones where some are overly done and some are still a little underdone.
By cutting them in rounds, you can feel more confident of even baking. It is much easier to cut a potato into rounds than it is to cut them lengthwise into fries, right?
Slice, bake, and enjoy!
These potato rounds go perfect with a delicious dip. We freaking love our Vegan Fry Sauce. You have got to try it. Sooooo good! Seriously, delicious!
We would love for you to give this recipe a try! We just know you are going to love it!
Tips for Success:
- Russet Potatoes: Russet potatoes are excellent baking potatoes. They are high in starch and have low moisture compared to other potatoes, resulting in great baked potatoes and French fries.
- Potatoes: The potatoes should be damp so the seasoning sticks to them. Place the damp sliced potatoes into a dry bowl so that the seasoning sticks to the potatoes and not the bowl.
- Laying the Potatoes on the Baking Sheet: Make sure you do not overlap the potatoes on the baking sheet. This will allow them to crisp up instead of steaming which happens when the potatoes do not have room to breathe in the oven. If you do not have a large baking sheet (approx. 14 x 20), use two smaller ones and rotate them from top to bottom half-way through. You may wish to consider using the upper racks if using two baking sheets to prevent over-browning.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 6 to 7 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Reheating can be done in the oven or in the microwave.
These fries can be frozen; however, it is best if served immediately after making or after refrigerating leftovers. If frozen, bake in the oven to crisp up.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.
If you try these flavorful potatoes, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
These healthy and addictive Oil-Free Baked Potato Slices are spud heaven. An easy method that i sure to get you perfect fries every time.
- 2 lbs. Russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into ½ inch slices *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the onion powder, garlic powder, sweet and smoked paprika, and salt into a small bowl. Mix well, set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes, then cut into ½ inch slices (rounds). Rinse the potato rounds with cold water, then shake off the excess water. The potato rounds should be damp but not overly wet. Just wet enough so the seasonings will stick to them.
- Place the potato rounds into a large bowl, sprinkle the seasonings over top. Gently toss until all the potato rounds are covered with the seasoning mix.
- Place the seasoned potato rounds onto the parchment lined baking sheet and place in a 400 F preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the potato rounds over, the bake for another 13 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with your favorite Vegan Fry Sauce or Ketchup.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.