Herb Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Lemon Chive Sauce! We are always in the mood for potato goodness, and this flavorful dish totally delivers.
This Herb Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Lemon Chive Sauce is the ultimate appetizer or side dish for your next party. Herbaceous coated potatoes are accompanied by a refreshing sauce that is brimming tanginess. You can’t eat just one!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Who doesn’t love a great potato appetizer for a party? This delicious dish was inspired by starinfinitefood that we transformed the recipe into Whole Food Plant Based. It is bursting with delicious fresh lemon and tangy flavors. We just loved it.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This delicious herb roasted potatoes dish with a dreamy, creamy lemon chive sauce is full herbaceousness and lemony, tangy flavored yumminess.
- Potatoes: We kitchen tested both fingerling potatoes and red-skinned potatoes, both worked well in this dish. We used 10 medium-sized red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, ½ inch slices. We used 1 ½ lbs. of fingerling potatoes cut in half lengthwise for the photoshoot.
- Boiling the Potatoes: Watch the potatoes carefully. You want to catch them just as they turn tender. Do not overboil them, or they will fall apart. If unsure, remove a potato slice, run it under cold water and bite into it to see if it is tender.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese for convenience. It is Whole Food Plant Based. Feel free to purchase your favorite vegan cream cheese or make your own. Watch labels if purchasing store-bought.
- Lemon Zest: Start low and add more if you want a stronger lemon flavor.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 3 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
The roasted potatoes can be frozen. The sauce is best made that day or the day before.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: We used Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese. Feel free to buy your favorite vegan cream cheese or make your own. Here is a link to our homemade Vegan Cream Cheese
- Hot Sauce: We used Frank’s RedHot Original Hot Sauce.
- Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
- Stock pot (for boiling potatoes)
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
If you try these tasty potatoes and dip, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
This Herb Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Lemon Chive Sauce is the ultimate appetizer or side dish for your next party.
This delicious dish was inspired by starinfinitefood.
- 1 ½ lbs. fingerling potatoes, unpeeled, sliced in half lengthwise *
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Herb Potato Spice/Herb Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ground rosemary
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Sprinkle black pepper (+/-)
Lemon Chive Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese *
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 3 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Place the Herb Potato Spice/Herb Ingredients into a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Place the sliced potatoes into a stock pot of cold water, sprinkle with sea salt, bring to a low boil, gently simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, just until tender, then drain. Do not overboil.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place the boiled potato slices onto the parchment paper, sprinkle the potatoes with half of the Herb Potato Spice/Herb Mix.
- Place into a preheated 450F oven for 7 minutes, then remove.
- Flip the potato slices over, then sprinkle with the other half of the Herb Potato Spice Herb Mix. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and place onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the sliced green onions.
- In the meantime, make the Lemon Chive Sauce by placing all the Lemon Chive Sauce Ingredients (except the chives) into a bowl and mixing well until smooth and emulsified. Stir in the chopped chives.
- Place the Lemon Chive Sauce in a small bowl on the serving platter with the Herb-Roasted Potatoes.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 4 to 5
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.