Easy Vegan Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta! Capture the essence of fall in this pumpkin-forward pasta dish.
Creamy, delicious, and fast, this Easy Vegan Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta is all about those cozy, comforting fall feels, and it’s even more fun to eat! It looks and tastes sophisticated, yet it is probably one of the easiest to make dishes out there! It’s the perfect way to enjoy more pumpkin this autumn season!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
We totally fell in love with this tasty pumpkin parmesan pasta. You don’t want to miss this delicious pasta dish!
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This easy pumpkin parmesan sauce comes together quickly. Cooked pasta is tossed in a creamy sauce, lightly seasoned with sage and topped with vegan parmesan cheese. Ready in less than 20 minutes.
- Pumpkin Flavor: The pumpkin flavor is subtle in this recipe. If you are looking for a stronger pumpkin flavor, consider skipping this recipe.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese: We use our Vegan Parmesan Cheese recipe as it works perfectly with this dish. We always make a quadruple batch and always keep it in the fridge. The Vegan Parmesan is an essential ingredient to this dish, we strongly do not recommend leaving it out. Feel free to use your favorite vegan parmesan cheese recipe.
- Cooked Pasta: Feel free to use your favorite Whole Food Plant Based pasta, gluten free pasta, or pasta of choice. We used rigatoni.
- Sauce Consistency: The sauce is on the thicker side but can be easily thinned out by adding several tablespoons of water (or more).
- Refrigerated Sauce: The sauce naturally thickens up when refrigerated or went it cools down. It can be easily thinned out by stirring in a little bit of water.
- Dried Rubbed Sage: We used an Albanian Sage. It has delicious flavor. It has an almost fluffy texture (kind of like a shredded cotton ball) when it comes out of the jar. Feel free to use your favorite brand of rubbed sage. If your dried sage is ground to a powder, consider using less than the recipe amount.
- Pumpkin: We used canned pumpkin. Be sure not to use canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Cashew Butter: We used 1 Tablespoon of cashew butter to add some richness to the sauce and for its neutral flavor. You can add more if you wish. You can substitute with almond butter or other nut or seed butters with the understanding that the flavor and texture may change accordingly and you may need to compensate for this by adding or subtracting other ingredients. We did not kitchen test any alternatives.
- Ume Plum Vinegar: The ume plum vinegar gives the sauce just a tiny bit of zip. It is completely optional. Taste the finished sauce before adding to see if you want a tiny bit of zip or not.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep 5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish can be frozen.
- Canned Pumpkin: We used a 15 oz. can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin – All Natural – No Preservatives. Feel free to use your favorite brand of pumpkin.
- Cashew Butter: We used Artisana Organic Raw Vegan Cashew Butter. Feel free to use your favorite raw cashew butter in this recipe. Read the label, make sure the only ingredient is raw cashews. Do not use a salted or sweetened cashew butter.
- Ume Plum Vinegar: We used Eden Ume Plum Vinegar. We get a lot of questions on ume plum vinegar. It is fairly inexpensive and adds amazing flavor. You can find it in most health food grocery stores.
- Large stock pot (for boiling of pasta)
- Large skillet or stock pot (for making the pumpkin sauce)
If you try this comforting fall dish, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Creamy, delicious, and fast, this Easy Vegan Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta is all about those cozy, comforting fall feels, and it’s even more fun to eat!
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] pumpkin *
- 1 ¾ cup unsweetened plain plant milk
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons cashew butter *
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Parmesan Cheese *
- 1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar (optional) *
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons water *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 ¼ teaspoons dried rubbed sage (+/-) *
- ½ to 1 ¼ teaspoons sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/-)
- 12 to 16 oz. pasta (of choice)
- 1 to 3 cups baby spinach, chopped (+/-) *
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, shake to remove excess water.
- Place all the Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into a large skillet or stockpot, heat over medium heat, stir well to incorporate all the ingredients until smooth and emulsified.
- Mix in the cooked pasta (and chopped baby spinach, if adding), cook for several minutes.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of Vegan Parmesan Cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 5
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.