2 Ingredient Vegan Parmesan Pasta! An effortless pasta dish that will be a total game changer!
Fast, easy, and so-delicious, this 2 Ingredient Vegan Parmesan Pasta is perfect for those busy evenings when you are hangry and need something on the table in a flash. Vegan Parmesan Cheese and warm pasta are a match made in pasta heaven. Plus, it’s so easy to customize with fun add-ins and/or serve with a side of veggies or salad.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This “recipe” has probably been one of the most controversial recipes that Mom and I have ever disagreed upon, simply because… It’s not really a recipe. It’s just something that Mom and I have been doing since dirt. ‘Dirt’ meaning we made a SAD version, then when we became Whole Food Plant Based, we just put a Whole Food Plant Based twist on it.
We call it “Hangry Pasta,” simply because when we are overly hungry and don’t have time to cook, this is our “Go-To” dish to fight off the “hangries.” We love to pair it with leftover roasted/steamed veggies or side salad.
The reason it is so controversial is because I didn’t think that we could call it a recipe deserving of its own blog post, but Mom disagreed. She felt that perhaps folks new to the Whole Food Plant Based diet might find this recipe helpful. She made a case for it as maybe others would find it helpful in a pinch.
Keep in mind, while pasta is WFPB, it is higher in calorie density. We highly recommend eating this dish with a side of veggies (fresh, roasted, steamed, or grilled) or salad. This way one avoids overeating pasta.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This is a simple meal that is easy to make and hits the spot. The flavor profile is cooked pasta with vegan parmesan cheese. Plus, it’s easily customizable with delicious add-ins.
- Cooked Pasta: Feel free to use your favorite Whole Food Plant Based pasta, gluten free pasta, or pasta of choice.
- Amount of Pasta and Refrigerated Pasta: We always have short-cut cooked pasta in our refrigerator – 24/7. This is our “hangry” back-up plan if we are crazy hungry and simply do not have time to cook a meal or want to add cooked pasta to a “big” salad. So we always cook extra pasta to keep in the fridge. It makes making this fast recipe super easy. We simply take an individual serving size of cooked pasta out of the fridge and place it in a microwaveable bowl, sprinkle a little water on it and microwave until hot, then sprinkle it generously with our Vegan Parmesan Cheese and in less than 3 minutes, we are eating. Doing this always ensures we have a ‘prep meal’ in the fridge for anyone who is ‘hangry’. It works every.single.time.
- Cooked Refrigerated Gluten Free Pasta or Bean Pastas: It is a known fact that most gluten free pastas and bean pastas tend to become a tad bit firm, almost crunchy, after they have been cooked and refrigerated. What we like to do is if we are working with one of these types of pastas (which is often), we place the cooked and refrigerated pasta into a colander and run really hot tap water over it for a minute or so, then give it a tiny shake as you want some of the water to cling to the pasta, then microwave it until hot. This restores the pasta to it original yumminess, then sprinkle it generously with our Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- Pasta Dish Texture: It is understood that the pasta is not going to be “saucy”, you can see from the blog post photos that it is on the drier side. We love it this way. If you want this dish to be a little “saucier”, you can add a good splash of pasta water or water to it to moisten it up, then stir well after you add the parmesan cheese. The vegan parmesan cheese then creates a little bit of sauce when mixed with hot water.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese: We love our Vegan Parmesan Cheese. We always make a quadruple batch. It can last for several months in the fridge. Ours never lasts that long because we love it so much, we put it on everything. If you have a favorite recipe, feel free to use it with the understanding that based upon the ingredients of the recipe used, the flavor and texture may create a different culinary experience.
- Add-Ins/Serving Ideas: This is our simple dish to make when we are “hangry” as it takes minutes to make. Feel free to add-in your favorite fresh, steamed, roasted, or grilled veggies; sautéed greens; sautéed mushrooms; fresh or dried herbs; warmed beans; etc. This recipe is diverse, customizable, and easy to make.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Cooked pasta can last approximately 4 to 6 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container. Our Vegan Parmesan Cheese lasts approximately 2 months in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
The Vegan Parmesan Cheese can be frozen.
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- Large stock pot (for initial boiling of pasta)
- High-speed blender (for making our Vegan Parmesan Cheese)
If you try this simple and tasty dish, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
Fast, easy, and so-delicious, this 2 Ingredient Vegan Parmesan Pasta is perfect for those busy evenings when you are hangry.
- Cooked pasta (of choice)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Steamed, grilled, roasted, or frozen/thawed veggies
- Fresh, roasted, or grilled tomatoes
- Sautéed greens
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Warmed beans (of choice)
- Fresh or dried herbs and spices
- Sea salt & pepper (to taste)
- with a side of steamed, grilled, roasted, or frozen/thawed veggies
- with a side of sautéed greens
- with a side of sautéed mushrooms
- with a side salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, shake to remove excess water.
- Plate individual serving size of pasta, sprinkle generously with Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: As many as you need
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.