Vibrant and healthy, this oil free Easy Lemon Basil Pasta is ultra-flavorful and comes together in 20 minutes or less!
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 10 to 12 oz. pasta (of choice) *
- Chopped fresh basil
- Lemon zest
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Check package directions on cooking times and/or boil the pasta until tender, drain, shake well to remove any excess water. Please the cooked and drained pasta back into the stock pot.
- In the meantime, add the Base Ingredients into a high-speed blender, blend until smooth and emulsified, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the Lemon Basil Sauce over the hot cooked pasta, mix well. Serve immediately with chopped fresh basil and lemon zest.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 3 to 4