Breakfast Yogurt Banana Split! Looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast? Look no further than this fun breakfast treat!
This vegan Breakfast Yogurt Banana Split is a healthy plant-based nod that’s easy, fast, and oh-so-tasty! All the classics like: Bananas, strawberries, pineapple, paired with plant yogurt and granola, and topped with a vegan chocolate drizzle is sure to get applause from the whole family.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Finding a fast breakfast can sometimes be challenging, but we are excited to share a new and easy breakfast meal. This Whole Food Plant Based nod to a traditional banana split is a healthy alternative and so much fun to eat.
Kids of all ages (including adults) will go crazy of this simple, healthy breakfast version. Yasmeen loved it.
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This healthy breakfast yogurt is a nod to the traditional banana split.
- Fresh Fruit: We used fresh strawberries and fresh pineapple. You can use frozen strawberries or pineapple that has been thawed. You can also use canned pineapple preserved in 100% fruit juice.
- Other Fruit: You can also elect to use other fruits like raspberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.
- Pure Maple Syrup: We used only 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup to sweeten the yogurt. Feel free to use more or less to suit your personal preferences. The fresh fruit is sweet so keep that in mind when adding maple syrup.
- Granola: We used our Simple Granola
- Granola Substitution: Feel free to use chopped nuts.
- How to Melt Vegan Chocolate Chips: Put the chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl, place in the microwave. Set for 10 seconds, stir. Repeat with 10 second intervals, stir until melted. Watch carefully as the chocolate chips can burn easily.
- Vegan Chocolate: Feel free to use shaved chocolate instead of melted chocolate chips or cacao nibs or peanut butter (if you prefer).
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 3 to 4 days at room temperature. Store in a covered container.
These chips cannot be frozen.
- Granola: We used our Simple Granola Feel free to use your favorite granola recipe or store-bought granola.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: We used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. You can use your favorite dark or semi-sweet vegan chocolate.
If you try these nostalgic breakfast treat, we would love to know if you enjoy it as much as we do! Please leave us a review! Post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and tag us! We would love to hear from you.Print
This vegan Breakfast Yogurt Banana Split is a healthy plant-based nod to an American dessert that’s easy, fast, and oh-so-tasty!
- 2 bananas, split lengthwise
- 2/3 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup diced fresh pineapple *
- ½ cup Simple Granola *
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted * (or shaved vegan dark chocolate or vegan mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain plant yogurt *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl, stir in the maple syrup and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dice the strawberries and pineapple, set aside.
- Split a banana in half lengthwise. Place the banana halves down on a plate, dollop with ½ cup of the yogurt in the center, sprinkle with 1/3 cup of strawberries, 1/3 cup pineapple, and ¼ cup granola.
- Melt the vegan chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave. Drizzle with the melted chocolate chips.
- Repeat with the other banana. Makes 2 banana splits.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.