This vegan Breakfast Yogurt Banana Split is a healthy plant-based nod to an American dessert that’s easy, fast, and oh-so-tasty!
- 2 bananas, split lengthwise
- 2/3 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup diced fresh pineapple *
- ½ cup Simple Granola *
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted * (or shaved vegan dark chocolate or vegan mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain plant yogurt *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl, stir in the maple syrup and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dice the strawberries and pineapple, set aside.
- Split a banana in half lengthwise. Place the banana halves down on a plate, dollop with ½ cup of the yogurt in the center, sprinkle with 1/3 cup of strawberries, 1/3 cup pineapple, and ¼ cup granola.
- Melt the vegan chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave. Drizzle with the melted chocolate chips.
- Repeat with the other banana. Makes 2 banana splits.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.