Vegan Lemon Sunflower Seeds Dressing! Bright, zesty, glorious lemon flavor is shining like the star in this delicious dressing.
Refreshing and fragrant, this healthy, oil-free Vegan Lemon Sunflower Seeds Dressing is perfectly rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious. It’s easy to make, comes together quickly, and perfect for your favorite salad greens. It’s great when you are looking for a creamy, nut-free vegan dressing that is sure to make your taste buds tingle and your belly happy.
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This Vegan Lemon Sunflower Seeds Dressing is ultra creamy, fresh, and lemony. The lemon flavor is not overpowering but can easily be ramped up by stirring in some extra lemon zest for those die-hard lemon lovers.
We have some die-hard lemon lover Readers who are always asking us to make “MORE LEMON RECIPES PLEASE!” We recently had a Reader who specifically asked for a creamy, nut-free lemon dressing recipe. Alice this recipe is for you!
Alice has a nut allergy, but she is good with seeds. So Mom and I got busy in the kitchen trying to make a really creamy nut-free lemon dressing for Alice. I believe we have successfully created it. We loved it.
We love lemon. This salad dressing recipe is filled with a deliciously clean, light, refreshing lemon flavor that goes easy on the palate, but is delightfully tasty!
Tips for Success:
- Sunflower Seeds: Make sure you use raw sunflower seeds. Do not use salted and roasted sunflower seeds.
- Lemon Flavor: This dressing has a beautifully light lemony flavor. If you looking for more lemon, feel free to stir in some lemon zest after buzzing with a high-speed blender.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftover dressing will generally keep for 5 to 6 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
We don’t recommend freezing this dressing.
Pantry Products Used:
- Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
Kitchen Products Used:
- High-Speed Blender. We like this Vitamix Blender
We certainly hope you give this deliciousness a try.Print
Refreshing and fragrant, this healthy, oil-free Vegan Lemon Sunflower Seeds Dressing is perfectly rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious.
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds *
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon lemon juice *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the Ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high for two minutes, scrape down the sides, and blend for another minute, or until creamy and smooth.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 2/3 cup
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.