Salads are life, and we’ve got a new dressing that is sure to take you straight to flavor town. Creamy, rich, and delicious, this healthy Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing is everything you could ever want in a Southwestern dressing. It’s perfectly smoky with notes of tangy goodness; every bite is a flavor explosion of deliciousness in your mouth, making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free and no highly processed ingredients.
Hi there, Ameera here!
This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday is our Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing. It’s so gosh-darned tasty, we put it on everything!
It hits all the delicious notes: rich, tangy, smoky, and bursting with flavor!
Last year, Mom and I would go to the grocery store about every other day (the life of a food blogger), we always look at the salad dressings to see if there are any inspirations that we can glean.
We noted that the Chipotle Ranch Dressing was selling like hot cakes so we knew it must be a popular dressing, so we decided to give it a go!
After a few kitchen tests, I am happy to share our Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing is popular in our house too! It is sooo completely delicious!
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.
Whip it up Wednesday
As you already know, every Wednesday, we feature a quick and easy recipe that can be “whipped up” in 20 minutes or less. This recipe can be made in about 20 minutes which really helps speed things up in the kitchen.
If you soak your cashews overnight, then you can make it in record time, or about however long it takes you to measure out a few ingredients and put into a high-speed blender.
Salad Bowl Fun
Here’s how we prepared this bowl of healthy tastiness:
- Salad greens
- Sliced tomatoes
- Cooked black beans
- Chopped red bell pepper
- Red onion slices
- Sliced avocado
- Baked tortilla chips (corn or flour)
- Chopped cilantro
- Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing
We have a gathered a roundup of Whole Food Plant Based Salad Dressings, Vinaigrettes, and Sauces. Be sure to check them out (click link above).
We hope you enjoy our Whip It Up Wednesday quick and easy ideas!
- High-Speed blender
Creamy, rich, and delicious, this healthy Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing is everything you could ever want in a Southwestern dressing. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1/3 cup (raw) cashews
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons organic maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried ground mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 18 minutes, or place the cashews into a small stockpot and boil for 10 minutes, drain off the water, then place them into a high-speed blender.
- In the meantime, place all the remaining Base Ingredients into a high-speed blender, add the soaked cashews, blend until emulsified and smooth.
- Add the dill weed and dried parsley, pulse twice at a low speed, just to mix in, do not blend. Taste test and add adjust seasonings accordingly. Serve over your favorite salad greens.
*Tips for Success:
- As with most cashew-based dressings, this dressing will thicken up as it sits. To thin it out, add a small amount of water and a small amount of distilled white vinegar, whisk well until the dressing is thinned. You may or may not need to ramp up other seasonings.
- Taste test the dressing by dipping some lettuce into the dressing, shake it off (so it is not overly saturated with dressing) to get the real flavor components to see if it needs more seasonings, vinegar, etc.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Cashew Substitutes: We have not tried any substitutions with this dressing; however, you can try silken tofu, other seed or nut butters, or white beans. Keep in mind depending on your choice of substitute, the flavors will change and you may need adjust seasonings accordingly.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 2/3 cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.