Sugar Free Chocolate Overnight Oats! Chocolate for breakfast. Who can resist? Not us! We’ve been enjoying these tasty overnight oats and we just know that you will love them too!
Chocolatey, creamy, and sweet, these simple Sugar Free Chocolate Overnight Oats are healthy and delicious and sure to make breakfast a breeze. Oats, plant milk, cocoa powder, and Medjool dates comes together quickly. Prep in jars, pop in the fridge, and great ready to enjoy an awesome breakfast treat!
Whole Food Plant Based, Vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
Hi there, Ameera here!
Love me some overnight oats! I had to fight Mom on this recipe as Mom was like “Everybody has an overnight oat recipe!” I said “Mom, everybody does have an overnight oat recipe, but ours is yummy and deserves a place on the blog!” As by the presence of this recipe, you can see that I won on this one. LOL
These chocolate overnight oats are very flavorful and filling. Most often, I have a hard time waiting until the next morning for them to be ready. I can attest that they are pretty much ready after 4 hours. LOL
You gotta give this one a try!
Tips for Success:
- Flavor Profile: This recipe is sugar-free, sweetened by dates only, chocolate overnight oats.
- Medjool Dates: Medjool dates are typically very soft and pliable. They can go straight into the high-speed blender. Some dates are very dried and are not very pliable. If you have drier dates, then we suggest placing the dates into a small bowl and cover with boiling water for 15 minutes. Then drain off the water and then place the dates into the high-speed blender.
- Sweetness: The beauty of this recipe is that you can taste it before you commit to the refrigerator overnight. In other words, after blending the date mixture in the high-speed blender, taste it. It should taste sweet. If not sweet enough for your taste, then simply add more dates. If you are concerned that the oats may be too sweet (by using 9 dates), start on the lower end and add more dates to the high-speed blender, taste testing periodically. Keep in mind that the sweetness will dull slightly when placed with the oats as oats have a very neutral flavor on their own which will counterbalance the sweetness.
- Optional Add-Ins: You can pretty much add anything you like to overnight oats. If you add ingredients into the mixture (before refrigerating), you may wish to cut back on the amount of oats accordingly. If adding ingredients on top of the finished product, you will not need to scale back anything.
- Jars: We used Weck Mini Tulip Jelly Jars (7.4 fl. oz.) We were able to fill 4 of these mini tulip jelly jars.
Leftovers and Freezing:
Leftovers will generally keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in a covered container.
This dish cannot be frozen.
Pantry Products Used:
- Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Kitchen Products Used:
- High-Speed Blender
Chocolatey, creamy, and sweet, these simple Sugar Free Chocolate Overnight Oats are healthy and delicious and sure to make breakfast a breeze.
- 1 ¾ cup rolled oats
- 9 Medjool dates, pit removed (+/-) *
- 2 cups unsweetened plain plant milk
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
Optional Add-In Ingredients:
- Toasted almonds (walnuts, or pecans)
- Buckwheat groats
- Flaxseed meal
- Chia seeds
- Place all the Ingredients (except the rolled oats) into a high-speed blender, blend on high for one minute or longer until the dates are pureed into the liquids.
- Place the rolled oats into a large bowl, then pour the blender mixture over the oats, stir well.
- Place the oat mixture into 4 glass jars, cover, refrigerate over night. Enjoy the next morning.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may receive a very small commission if you purchase through those links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! For more information, see our disclosures here.